Pick where you guys want a solid honest report from this Sunday. Irondequoit, Sodus, Olcott, or Oak Orchard. They are 1hr, 1.5hrs, 2hrs, and 1.5hrs away from me, respectively. I don't see many reports out of Irondequoit, but I was thinking about trying it out since it's close. I've always fished Olcott or Oak Orchard, but we're looking to possibly shorten the drive time for Sunday. Is Olcott that much better than Irondequoit, or is it just a matter of more reports being posted mostly from the same few people?

56 minutes ago, kramer93 said:

Pick where you guys want a solid honest report from this Sunday. Irondequoit, Sodus, Olcott, or Oak Orchard. They are 1hr, 1.5hrs, 2hrs, and 1.5hrs away from me, respectively. I don't see many reports out of Irondequoit, but I was thinking about trying it out since it's close. I've always fished Olcott or Oak Orchard, but we're looking to possibly shorten the drive time for Sunday. Is Olcott that much better than Irondequoit, or is it just a matter of more reports being posted mostly from the same few people?

ive never fished Irondequoit but Id have to see it to believe it could be as good as Olcott this year. was up there for 4 days 2 weeks ago and had a ball. going up to the oak on the 7th to first mate for a friend and fishing on the 8th. cant wait..

Looks like we might end up going to Sandy Creek lol. Not one of the four I originally thought, but oh well. Olcott has been on fire this year it seems like. I was up there once and went 9 for 15 or so before it really turned on, also with no down speed or temp. I'll post a report Sunday. Thanks guys.

Ended up going to Sandy Creek. Launched around 5:20. Started fishing at 100fow straight out, and got a few 7-10lb kings early between 100 and 140. Slowed down significantly around 930. Most of the kings were on a moonshine carbon 14 mag spoon. 52' down seemed to be the hot spot, especially early. Picked up a few steelhead on an agent orange moonshine 4" around 45' down, and a berkley flicker minnow 11D green alewife, a 12lb king with a good size lamprey stuck to it on a wonderbread dreamweaver spoon on a 350 copper, and a probably 7lb laker on a gambler rig just off bottom at 125fow. Started out with just spoons, tried a flasher/fly once it slowed down with no luck. 11/15 or so on the day. One king had 3 huge alewife in it, so maybe a meat rig would be something to try in the near future? Packed up around 12:30 or so, with very little action in the last hour and a half.