Anyone know why?

So a couple of my buddies head up this morning and I gave them a couple Big Weenie meat rigs to try.  Well, they boated some fish with a 22 lb 14 oz fish they weighed in.  Sean Taylor is the name.  He wrote B Ween on the weigh in form.  Obviously there is nothing offensive about B Ween.   So it originally appears as Ween on the LOC leaderboard but now it shows no lure.  It just says Trilene?  Anyone know why?

018_Summer (7).pdf

Screenshot_20180630-151004.png

5092.jpeg

Years back I weighted in a fish in the loc fall derby at Woody's Port ontario When asked on what lure I said big weenie fly , I was told the loc doesn't recognize this company and could not List It on the form

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by fisherdude
  • Like 1

Let's just say I had a nice little conversation with the folks at LOC and it was changed to BW Fly.  That is fine I'm good with that.  He claimed he didn't know what B WEEN was.  I say bs. I know the game they have played in the past.

• Like 2

We had one today hat I don’t understand. We weighed in a 12lb 8oz brown and a 18lb 10 oz lake trout in one guys name. The laker is in 7th the brown would have been in sixth. Shouldn’t the brown be on the board and not the laker since it is higher placing??

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

We had one today that I don’t understand. We weighed in a 12lb 8oz brown and a 18lb 10 oz lake trout in one guys name. The laker is in 7th the brown would have been in sixth. Shouldn’t the brown be on the board and not the laker since it is higher placing??

Edited by GAMBLER
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GAMBLER said:

We had one today hat I don’t understand. We weighed in a 12lb 8oz brown and a 18lb 10 oz lake trout in one guys name. The laker is in 7th the brown would have been in sixth. Shouldn’t the brown be on the board and not the laker since it is higher placing??

why arent they both on? i thought the same person couldnt have multiple entries in the same division only?

Edited by joe g
  • Like 1

why arent they both on? i thought the same person couldnt have multiple entries in the same division only?

This is concerning to me, as it should be to anyone who joins the tournament. The rules and procedures must be clear, and they must be followed. No gray areas.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Following quote from LOC Rules and Regulations:

http://www.loc.org/RULES_AND_REGULATIONS.html

18. Is entitled to only one division cash prize. No participant may win more than one of the division prizes, although contestants may enter more than one fish. If the succeeding fish is larger, the smaller of the fish with least weight will be withdrawn. Only Salmon are eligible for the Grand Prize.

Maybe the laker is in because it is the "larger fish" ?

35 minutes ago, mudflat said:

Following quote from LOC Rules and Regulations:

http://www.loc.org/RULES_AND_REGULATIONS.html

18. Is entitled to only one division cash prize. No participant may win more than one of the division prizes, although contestants may enter more than one fish. If the succeeding fish is larger, the smaller of the fish with least weight will be withdrawn. Only Salmon are eligible for the Grand Prize.

Maybe the laker is in because it is the "larger fish" ?

It should be the higher placing fish.  If you have a king that is 15th place and 27 lbs, and you weigh in the first place brown at 18lbs, you should take the first place fish over the 15th.  That rule needs attention. 

5 minutes ago, GAMBLER said:

It should be the higher placing fish.  If you have a king that is 15th place and 27 lbs, and you weigh in the first place brown at 18lbs, you should take the first place fish over the 15th.  That rule needs attention.

Thats the way it works. Perhaps there was a higher placeing fish that hadn't been updated to the board yet or perhaps it was a mistake.

The rule is clear as posted above.

Edited by spoonfed-1

8 minutes ago, spoonfed-1 said:

Thats the way it works. Perhaps there was a higher placeing fish that hadn't been updated to the board yet or perhaps it was a mistake.

The rule is clear as posted above.

The rule needs to state the higher placing fish.  Both fish were weighed in at the same time and the board was unchanged until later the next day.  It does not matter now because our other brown would be 8th and the laker is 7th. 

Two fish different categories

18. Is entitled to only one division cash prize.

Two fish the same category.

If the succeeding fish is larger, the smaller of the fish with least weight will be withdrawn.

I see what you are saying though. They should make it clearer regarding the 2 fish different categories.

• Like 1