raymarine dragonfly 7 pro

hard knox

Well  screen size is one thing fish  sonar archs are another as well as side imaging with a 5 inch is screen is a wast of time but really the return of fish are rather weak it is better on 83khz then 200 i have had better units by hummingbird 15 years ago as far as signal returns go . Have you owned the dragonfly model as it uses a multi band with transducer not used by most sounders.

I run both on my aluminum boat. I moved the dragonfly to the bow. But I have the 10" mega chirp, so probably not comparing apples to apples. Dragonfly is ok. Pretty good chirp down image for relatively shallow water. The inability to configure what is displayed on screen drove me crazy. Example, clock is built in but no way to display it. My Helix 10 suits me better, but it was a way more expensive unit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a dragonfly I like the picture but sometimes wish I could play with settings more wifi is great feature I use a tablet or my phone when I need or want a second screen if you want a no muss no fuss unit this is a good one if you like to always tweak and play with settings than go elsewhere

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I guess if the unit works great marks fish and bait well there really is no need to tweak it i am allways trying to fine tune my helix but really am not happy with the results .With si .chart plotter and duel beam it has a lot of features but does not due any of them really well . I will likely leave the unit on the boat and run as a chart plotter well i use new unit as fish finder really am looking for great screen picture .