Fished east of harbor in 230’ to 270’ feet. Caught a bunch of fish and some decent Kings but nothing over 20 lbs. We got a few in the 18 to 19.5 pound range. Most of our fish were caught 70’ to 90’ feet down but most of our gear was that deep. I just didn’t like temp on Fish Hawk until it was that deep. A bunch of stuff caught but here is what our biggest fish were caught on.

1) 42nd spoon on a dipsey set on 1 out 190’ was good, we lost two screamers on that.

2) White Holo Spin Doc with a blue fly out 190’ on a 1 caught our biggest fish, 19.5 lbs.

3) White double crush Spin Doc with a white fly on a dipsey our 259’ on 3.

4) Purple Glow Frog on a free slider on a 90’ rigger.

Once we caught the fish on the slider we realized we were fishing under some fish as well. A couple pics.

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0648.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fished east of harbor in 230’ to 270’ feet. Caught a bunch of fish and some decent Kings but nothing over 20 lbs. We got a few in the 18 to 19.5 pound range. Most of our fish were caught 70’ to 90’ feet down but most of our gear was that deep. I just didn’t like temp on Fish Hawk until it was that deep. A bunch of stuff caught but here is what our biggest fish were caught on.

1) 42nd spoon on a dipsey set on 1 out 190’ was good, we lost two screamers on that.

2) White Holo Spin Doc with a blue fly out 190’ on a 1 caught our biggest fish, 19.5 lbs.

3) White double crush Spin Doc with a white fly on a dipsey our 259’ on 3.

4) Purple Glow Frog on a free slider on a 90’ rigger.

Once we caught the fish on the slider we realized we were fishing under some fish as well. A couple pics.

IMG_0647.thumb.JPG.323611a89855a49e16bee6f68378abd0.JPG

IMG_0648.thumb.JPG.de5e41bdbeed86ffae6653490194bc04.JPG

Thanks for the report.... We fished the same areas yesterday and got into the fleas really bad.... They seemed different than normal as they were extremely difficult to remove. I was not sure if it was fleas or cottonwood.. Did you have the same problem?

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That is us in the Starweld, love the way it handles the waves. I've had it since 2012 and knock on wood have had no issues with it at all. If we're ever at the launch at the same time stop over and check it out if you're thinking of buying one.

Sent from my B3-A10 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Went out of olcott also this morning did 23 bites landed 15 ,250 ft off water was also good for us all spoon bite with one meat rig that was working. Had to bail at 1230 started getting over run with honeybees started with 1 then the dash was getting full quick105096.thumb.jpeg.1d9fb86e25f4edb9233cd9f0092ff9de.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Holy cow did those things come over the water? Asking because my dad is coming up from Oklahoma next week and he’s allergic to honey bee stings. Going to have to remind him to bring his pen.

• Like 1

Went out of olcott also this morning did 23 bites landed 15 ,250 ft off water was also good for us all spoon bite with one meat rig that was working. Had to bail at 1230 started getting over run with honeybees started with 1 then the dash was getting full quick105096.thumb.jpeg.1d9fb86e25f4edb9233cd9f0092ff9de.jpeg

We were launching with the kiddos when you were coming in and you were telling me about the bees, did you figure out if the you had a bees nest in board or if they came from shore?

• Like 1

We were launching with the kiddos when you were coming in and you were telling me about the bees, did you figure out if the you had a bees nest in board or if they came from shore?

Just started with one bee at noon time then 3 bees then before you know it there was alot of bees must of been a hive on the move and they choose my boat for a place to land .Craziest thing I've ever seen.Figured we better pull rods and get before the hole colony was sitting on the boat .Just gotta sit and laugh about now .

We fished in tight 125 fow 60 down bottom temps warm but bait and tons of marks landed 22 lb and few mid teens 

Edited by Matt068
Trying to attach pics.

Nice job! If you don't mind me asking what temperature do you look for on the fish hawk. I just got one. Not sure what I should look for .thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I personally like to Target temps around 48 to 52 ish. But like I said we caught a really nice king out of 62 degree water.

On 7/1/2018 at 5:48 PM, Totally Hooked said:

That is us in the Starweld, love the way it handles the waves. I've had it since 2012 and knock on wood have had no issues with it at all. If we're ever at the launch at the same time stop over and check it out if you're thinking of buying one.

Thats great to hear! i was a little concerned with how light they are.  We'll be out there Wednesday morning so ill keep an eye out for ya.  

Went out Sandy Monday and the fleas are there also. They were mixed with the cotton and were a major P.I.T.A. to get off the line . 2 salmon one 16 the other 9.5 ,175 feet both on FF one rigger parked at 130( current blow back ,actual depth was about 105-44deg) and the other a dipsey with UV flasher and green atomic fly out 175 on 2 setting. Lost one also on same dipsey set. The dipsey fish was definitely out of temp. 16 lb female had eggs in her. Strange?

Edited by Steve.e