Monroe County Offshore Classic MissD report

Friday June 29 we fished the big fish Friday Species tourney.. Only could weigh in one Laker, Brown, Steelhead, and King. Wheeled into our normal Brownie waters...deployed the typical frog pattern spoons...and all Hell broke loose... Slight problem though... They were not browns , but kings... In 35 FOW!
We put a high teens King in the box and released all the others.... No brown! So into 15 fow we go.... Cold water in shallow so out went split shot rigs and mini Chinook divers.... After 5 minutes we iced a 7ish BT. Cool.... Now it's out to 120 to look for our LT... Bottom was void of chickens, but I put down the gambler/ Hammerhead rigs anyway... 20 minutes and Mr Laker 13lb came over the transom...not back to the Kings for an upgrade.... In 35 fow, I put a frog Yeck on the bottom and it immediately went... Not a King, or BT.... But a Steelhead ...9lbs.... We never did upgrade the king.... And ended in 6th out of 27 boats... Not too bad..
MCOC June 30th... 0500 it was hammer down back to the skinny water... The water warmed up a little and the fish moved out a little. Once we got on them, it was on like Donkey Kong...spoons.... Geezers, wonderbreads, shelly Snacks and flounder pounders....short coppers and 5 color rigs took fish also... After the sun got high in the sky, we put out the meat rigs on 8inch spin docs. Man did the Kings chew... We ended up weighing our 5 biggest kings and we ended up 9th out of 47 boats. I'm happy with our finish because there were a lot of good fishermen in the field.
Congrats to Jim Piano and Team Hammerhead for taking top king prize and over all win.
Being part of the tournament planning was very time consuming... As I walked around the weigh in...I saw sunburned smiles, hand shakes, slaps on the back....and all the coolers with the team's catch... Very humbling... In the end the event raised around 3k for Dream Factory Rochester. I'm blown away....
To all who participated, thank you very much... You guys and Gals are the cream that rises to the top...
Be well anglers....and tight lines....Matt

FB_IMG_1530463615583.thumb.jpg.1ff86b42e58d6a1f48fb803fbff3cfeb.jpg0630181611a.thumb.jpg.9cdfef2e2e1a2e93693592b18ac93303.jpg0630181229.thumb.jpg.9ab7c491ab9651acd6ac1ddc325c1d80.jpg0630181110a.thumb.jpg.912dfeca6128e070b89bc87a40f5927e.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Matt,Rich,and all the others behind the scenes..Thank you so much for putting on a fantastic tournament.Its all Rochester harbor has,and its awesome..47 boats  entered says something about the potential Rochester harbor has to host an event. Good time had by all it appears...Looking forward to next year

Matt,Rick and Others involved,

Thank you guys for another great tournament.  Fishing was ridiculous!  I know there is a lot of work that goes into putting one of these things on and I really appreciate all the effort in bringing Rochester back into the mix.  

Thanks Guys!!

John

Hats off to you and the committee. Thanks for organizing this event for the fellow fishermen and captains. I have been reading the tourney results with envy since I could not attend the event due to our college reunion. Next year will come fast!

Tight lines. Anthony