A little more from my Wicked Tuna Visit

I had mentioned in my previous post that when we talked Dave Marciano had shared some info about the show  and specifically the second part  of the season Outer Banks that I promised I wouldn't say anything about until it was aired on the show last night. Basically it was that he had a new boat called the Falcon which is larger and faster than the Hard Merchandise. As luck would have it we happened to be there on the day that his lease expired for the Hard Merchandise and he was moving both the Merch and the Falcon to another dock located in front of  the Glouscester House. I don't know whether that is a continual location or just temporary but I had the oppprtunity to take a couple pics after we had lunch with his friends and wife Nancy at the Gloucester House. I believe his son Joe and nephew Jason were there (sitting on the raailing near the boat as well) and had driven the Hard Merchandise there while Dave drove the Falcon there. I know the show has a big following of Lou folks so I thought Id' share a few pics of the old boat and new one I took back them at the end of April. A main reason he bought the Falcon is because of the difficult environment down south at the Outer Banks and his kids would be with him and would be safer. The Hard Merchandise has some close calls there (e.g. hitting the bridge etc.) so the Falcon may be a little safer. I think Joe may be running the Hard Merchandise in the future but not sure. Note the size of the green stick on the Falcon

falcon.jpg

falconcloseup.jpg

bothback.jpg

bothboats.jpg

greenstick.jpg

hardmerchboat.jpg

hardmerchclose.jpg

hardmerchfront.jpg

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2

Would love to know Dave's reasoning for consistently fighting tuna off the Starboard side when all others move rods to the rear.

He seems to drop a lot more fish than the other captains doing this. Either way Dave Marciano is my favorite captain on the show.

Thanks for sharing your time with him.

• Like 1

The nephew is currently working a boat off the New Jersey coast, a Co worker ran into him last week, supposedly nephew is returning to the show next year, and added they make little money off the show, besides Huk handing out outerwear.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

1 hour ago, Roughrider IV said:

The nephew is currently working a boat off the New Jersey coast, a Co worker ran into him last week, supposedly nephew is returning to the show next year, and added they make little money off the show, besides Huk handing out outerwear.
Dave mentioned that Jay would be on  the next years episodes when I spoke with him and he also noted that for the first time in his life he has started saving for retirement from the money the show pays him which he said had been impossible in the past so it may be that the main characters are much better paid that the crew etc. from the show itself. Dave had a new truck that Nancy was driving too so things are going pretty good for him. Hell of nice guy.

Edited by Sk8man

Brian - if you look real  carefully at the pic of the Falcon you'll notice the steering and throttle controls at the back of the left side of the cabin area.

Brian - if you look real  carefully at the pic of the Falcon you'll notice the steering and throttle controls at the back of the left side of the cabin area.
Ok I see now had in large the pic and not use to seeing on the side of boat maybe it's an British boat [emoji2]

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome Les! Very cool... still blows my mind how people can watch the Kardashian’s. Probably think the same about wicked tuna default_emoticon-0100-smile.gif I wish we could have a show with salmon fishing / trolling lol

7 hours ago, reeldilemma33 said:

Awesome Les! Very cool... still blows my mind how people can watch the Kardashian’s. Probably think the same about wicked tuna default_emoticon-0100-smile.gif I wish we could have a show with salmon fishing / trolling lol

:lol: Yeah John but if they did it would probably be so filled with bleeps that they would have to cancel the show:lol:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

reeldilemma33

One of my all time favorite fishing shows was named "Nice Fish". On that show situated in the Northwest they fished for Salmon via trolling, and some times using a fly rod & knuckle buster reel.

https://www.wildtv.ca/show/39

http://nicefish.tv/

http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/shows/nice-fish

I don't think it currently airs but you can catch a few episodes on the net.

Edited by Neo1945
  • Like 1

reeldilemma33
One of my all time favorite fishing shows was named "Nice Fish". On that show situated in the Northwest they fished for Salmon via trolling, and some times using a fly rod & knuckle buster reel.
https://www.wildtv.ca/show/39
http://nicefish.tv/
http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/shows/nice-fish

I don't think it currently airs but you can catch a few episodes on the net.

Might be a winter thing or maybe a windy day but thank you! Might even save for March madness. The itch really starts around then lol

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice update Les! Love the show and watch every episode with Cher. Marciano is our favorite captain, she thinks of Cararo as "Dick Dasterdly" LOL! also she hasn't got much like for Greg Mayer on the Frenzy. I have my picture standing at the stern of the Frenzy in the Oregon Fleet marina from October 2015. 

mms_img15042566821.jpg

• Like 1

• 9 months later...