Went out about 5:15 and headed slightly east out of the creek.  Set up in 110 feet on an east troll.  Temp was a little higher than I would have hoped so we angled outward for deeper water.  Screens and down temp were a mix, there was no real pattern to it that I could find.  Ended up getting 3 kings in the 20-22 lb range and a skipper rainbow.  We took fish mostly between 130 and 150 feet of water.  The only rig that fired regularly was meat behind a white uv spin doctor on the wire diver at 180 out.  Others at the launch said they were all hitting spoons and had no luck on meat so I don't know what the difference was. 

We did have 4 fish come unbuttoned on the way in and 3 break offs (1 was due to crossing up on the wire).  So time to respool some line and resharpen some hooks I think.  We moved our riggers all over the place depending on temps but didn't seem to matter.  We took a hit or two down 85 and I think we took one at 60 as well.  No real pattern that we could figure out but we had a few fights and put a couple of fish in the box so not a terrible way to spend a morning.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the great post!! Hoping the fish don't go to the extreme depths with this heat. Next week highs in the high 70's low 80's. Coming up Sunday of this coming week. Gathering info from helpful reports such as yours!! Thanks PAP!!

Edited by pap

The guys I spoke to at the launch said they were getting their hits on small stinger spoons if that helps.  It seemed like everyone was struggling a bit yesterday.  One guy said they had over 20 hits on Saturday and only 2 or 3 on Sunday. 

The only thing I probably would do differently was to try circling on some of our good screens or when we got hits.  We had large runs where the screen looked blank but the temps were good.  In a similar situation last year we started doing figure 8 maneuvers over an area where we got a couple of hits and were able to steadily get hook ups all morning by doing that.  

• Like 1

We went 18 for 22 on Saturday. Sea sick waddlers two face spoons did real well. Caught a bunch on flasher flys as well. The stud fly as usual did its thing. 3 fish over 19 but couldn’t break 20 lbs. 150 to 160 feet was best for us

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Did well this evening 60-90'. Mostly bows, couple Kings, Atlantic and a Brown. Nothing over 10#. Riggers 40-60', 250 copper and divers out 100-140'. All spoons. It looked very blank past 100' and I didn't have the time to do the "northerly death troll".

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app