Erie

stoneam2006

I tell ya I'm ready too but gonna hold off till Aug/ September then look at options of leaving boat up there somewhere till October

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I normally fish olcott or pt breeze ,,,only fish erie from now until labor day weekend usually take buddy's out that enjoy eating the walleye but just can't get away from chasing them king salmon completely

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Fished Barcelona today 65 to 100 ft off to the west boated 24 kept a 3 man limit but nothing really to brag about on size today only a couple of big ones.Harnesses on the riggers and 7 color lead with barley rumble b and jr thunder sticks did the job .

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Well been in Northeast last 2 days slow for me. Sat kept 3 eyes trolled 50-70 few shorts pulled early as little one got sick. Sunday trolled 80-100 kept 3 again couple shorts....but the Lakers wanted to play so spent hr or 2 with gambler rig on dipsys and couldn't keep them in the water landed 4 hooked 5 and lost that one right at net. Would have been a boat best.
Couldn't get him to fit in net knocked hook out he was floating so pulled all my gear and circled back on him. Got him in net but as soon as I flipped him right side up he was gone back to the bottom. Bent my walleye net almost clear in half today will be putting the salmon net in the boat from now on. Not a great walleye trip but man the Lakers bite was awesome will be doing that again

Pic Laker went 11.11 landed didn't weigh the others but id guess they went 7-8 easy. The one I lost looked and felt bigger than the 18lb I got earlier this season.Snapchat-1895725720.jpgIMG_20180805_073248.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Well been in Northeast last 2 days slow for me. Sat kept 3 eyes trolled 50-70 few shorts pulled early as little one got sick. Sunday trolled 80-100 kept 3 again couple shorts....but the Lakers wanted to play so spent hr or 2 with gambler rig on dipsys and couldn't keep them in the water landed 4 hooked 5 and lost that one right at net. Would have been a boat best.
Couldn't get him to fit in net knocked hook out he was floating so pulled all my gear and circled back on him. Got him in net but as soon as I flipped him right side up he was gone back to the bottom. Bent my walleye net almost clear in half today will be putting the salmon net in the boat from now on. Not a great walleye trip but man the Lakers bite was awesome will be doing that again

Pic Laker went 11.11 landed didn't weigh the others but id guess they went 7-8 easy. The one I lost looked and felt bigger than the 18lb I got earlier this season.Snapchat-1895725720.jpgIMG_20180805_073248.jpg

Had the same experience with a Laker on LakeO, walleye nets are not big enough for those lakers, biggest fish I ever saw, lost it  for my girls after 30-40 minuets of reeling the knob busted on my okuma reel they got it in I just could not get that big **** in the net!! Congrats to you guys with the eyes!! As it was next to nonexistent “walleye fishing” on the big pond hoping for a better fall bite!! You guys really did awesome!! Keep at it

• Like 2

Had the same experience with a Laker on LakeO, walleye nets are not big enough for those lakers, biggest fish I ever saw, lost it  for my girls after 30-40 minuets of reeling the knob busted on my okuma reel they got it in I just could not get that big **** in the net!! Congrats to you guys with the eyes!! As it was next to nonexistent “walleye fishing” on the big pond hoping for a better fall bite!! You guys really did awesome!! Keep at it
Yeah was brutal 25 min fight for the wife to watch it swim away. I did everything I could to try and boat it. Felt good to reel in fish that you could tell were on the line lol.

Another good day only 2 fish short of a 3 man by noon....left bc I had to go to work...took some time to find them but when I did it was good fishing...60-65 fow 40-bottom took some nice Lakers out in 75 fow down 55 on spoons....wasn't targeting them today lol

Did get stopped by Dec at dock fish and safety gear checked. All good. They took a few pics of laker for some reasonIMG_20180819_125856_01.jpgIMG_20180819_123724.jpgIMG_20180819_123649.jpgIMG_20180819_073043.jpg

Another good day only 2 fish short of a 3 man by noon....left bc I had to go to work...took some time to find them but when I did it was good fishing...60-65 fow 40-bottom took some nice Lakers out in 75 fow down 55 on spoons....wasn't targeting them today lol

Did get stopped by Dec at dock fish and safety gear checked. All good. They took a few pics of laker for some reasonIMG_20180819_125856_01.thumb.jpg.eef7835c68b2db28f0b8a9d74de4d24f.jpgIMG_20180819_123724.thumb.jpg.b89631e7991e8136eb126b08363ea968.jpgIMG_20180819_123649.thumb.jpg.3f0a7446f5dc445995dcd1d9646b95f8.jpgIMG_20180819_073043.thumb.jpg.875eb5241bc66572eaca659d61d7f4f5.jpg

I'm curious how you guys are preparing the Lakers? Same as walleye? Or smoked?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm curious how you guys are preparing the Lakers? Same as walleye? Or smoked?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I smoke them as well. If you remove all the fat and the dark meat from the skin side. You can eat them breaded. They are comparable to brook trout.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We fished out of the Catt yesterday also- same program. My intent was to fish salmon for the remainder of the year but the weekend winds on Ontario forced me back to Erie- it is really stupid easy to box out this year on Erie. Anyone who wants a nice walleye fry should hit it up at least once, not a lot of bigger fish but endless 15-20” fishIMG_1483.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

As stated above fishing is awesome!!!! Took the day off and took wife and kids out of northeast. 12 came home for dinner in 3 hrs time 12-3 pm. Better class today. Bigger fish came of spoons on rigger just off bottom in 65-70 fow only one pic of wife's nice 6# biggest on my boat this year....everything is taking fish tho....seemed they wanted a touch of speed today 2.5-2.7gps

2 more weeks before I head to Ontario for the remainder of season

MVIMG_20180820_125151.thumb.jpg.6668728c6de87b4f6217d981c3b0dbdd.jpgMVIMG_20180820_125133.thumb.jpg.6746714e669307fe389bb6427daf4d4c.jpg

• Like 1

Well today was last day on Erie for me. Boat is back in driveway prepping for Sept 8th trip back to Ontario till the end of season. We crushed them again 3-5 foot waves with the 20+ wind today but boated our 3 man limit in under 3 hrs. All 19-20" eyes....only could run 3 rods

Ready for some fighting fish!!!

• Like 1