Options on Alumacraft 19 ft

Just got back checking out a 1994 19 ft alumacraft trophy, with a 115 evinrude spl motor. The boat itself is nice( needs a lot of cleaning) but the guys seems firm on 6500. He stuck on the fact that it’s loaded with extras. But the extras are fairly old and outdated equipment. Also when we arrived he said everything was in working condition, only to find the batteries were dead. So the man blamed everything on the marina he stored it at, said he would get everything back on track and call me. I like the boat, it’s interior is nice (if you can look past the dirt. Has a nice cover and enclosure. Small rip in the seems. Trailer works except the tires show signs of dry rot. Boat itself seems solid. Just I’m not too sure on what to think about the price. I mean the man thought everything was in working condition when I was in the put testing all the switches. It was not. What are your thoughts fellas would like some feed back! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just used the search engine here and  a 93 18 footer was gong for 5900 and a 96 190 Trophy was going for 9,500  with a kicker and maybe a few more options. So the asking price seems in line. Maybe if you showed up with 6 grand and said you have to buy tires and batteries etc, the boat may follow you home. Don't know the situation with the Marina and what services he paid for. A  sea trial and good batteries may have everything working to your satisfaction. I wouldn't lose sleep over a few things that need repair , its a 24 year old boat.

Yes if you are interested,tell him to bring to the water and you will bring the $$$$.             If you do a test run you will know what your buying,how it runs.    See if the hull is dry inside,then pull the plug after on the water and check if dry again.provided no water gets splashed in or live well leaks. You may irritate him ,but if it's your hard earned money and don't want surprised with issues. Yes some TLC goes a long ways.good luck on your decision.