I couldn't find any decent perch on the Canadian side the first 2 weeks of June. I looked high and low. The area I fish near Gananoque gets hammered pretty hard ice fishing for perch. A local shares info with me, and he wasn't doing much good either. 

Edited by Shellback

I’m up here now at Burnham Point state park. Last night we found them in 20’ on the eastern end of Carlton Island. We also found a 1” thick cable with the anchor. I got it all the way to the surface but couldn’t get it free so we cut the rope. I have been getting smallies and they are still shallow. I got a bunch from shore.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Anchor? That's so 2000-late...

iPilot with spot-lock, man!!

All kidding aside, it's simply unbelievable how well those iPilots work. Guys at Erie holding next to each other in 70 fow without risking anchors tangling. Precise control trolling. But you know that.

• Like 1

I’m up here now at Burnham Point state park. Last night we found them in 20’ on the eastern end of Carlton Island. We also found a 1” thick cable with the anchor. I got it all the way to the surface but couldn’t get it free so we cut the rope. I have been getting smallies and they are still shallow. I got a bunch from shore.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Nice happy to here you found some. You're lucky that could of been an electrical cable be careful. A lost anchor isn't as bad as the prop I messed up earlier in the week lol. I will hunt for those smallies shallow then. Might hit up black lake an afternoon to get at those crappie. Good luck gambler and happy fourth! See you out on lake O sometime!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Drop shot with a worm. I use 1oz weights to get down fast.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Beautiful perch! I found some slobs in 40fow around the 4th also.... Jigging eyes. They were slamming 1oz gum ball jig with worm!! Took me by surprise. They may not fight like a bass but they can get aggressive when they're hungry, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app