First run in awhile tonight and noticed a bunch of new buoys east and west of the piers. Seemed to be in the 80fow range. Yellow and did not look to be lit or marked. Other than tackle collectors and boat scrapers, what are they ?

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yellow buoys signify limits of anchorages or dredge lines. They can also mark pipes. Give them a wide clearance

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

They have been there awhile, maybe more were added?  About 3 weeks ago coast guard stopped me and asked about them, they did not know what they were for.  They do appear to be PVC capped on both ends.

I was also on the walleye program between the North and mid Gap. Man that was a lot of work but a lot of fun worth weeding through them got some beautiful fillets. Check this out we ran out of worms so I started looking on Berkley Power worms and they worked better if not just as good as the real worms this is what we caught our biggest fish on along with the Colorado worm harness blaze orange

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Tough finding good water. King's were all over depths and temps. Managed a few good fish and the first 20# for 18' came in the boat. Been on the walleye program for a couple weeks so it was needed to feel a king! IMG_20180702_171133881.thumb.jpg.c0785499058a540229c88127803eed5a.jpgIMG_20180702_160930067.thumb.jpg.15bebf2a18aaf96f70c5e929f09279bc.jpg

Berkley Power worms on worm harnesses crush them20180702_111257.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The yacht club puts them out every year for when they do their little races. There are actually four(4) buoy's. If look south of the ones you saw there will be another set in 20/30 ft of water as well. I am sure those things have collected many pieces of tackle over the years. Especially when you get a good rip current going, they can get very low in the water.  

• Like 1

The yacht club puts them out every year for when they do their little races. There are actually four(4) buoy's. If look south of the ones you saw there will be another set in 20/30 ft of water as well. I am sure those things have collected many pieces of tackle over the years. Especially when you get a good rip current going, they can get very low in the water.  
Thanks ! Sounds like they won't be permanent. I still think they should light them up. With all of our boating / safety laws it's crazy that they aren't lit. Even the redneck method I saw out of Dunkirk, somebody duct taped solar landscape lights to some buoys. If you were offshore and headed in after dusk, strong possibility you would find one.