mono flouro connection method?

# 8 or # 10 Spro barrel swivel and carefully cinched down clinch knots (wound around 7 times). High quality SOLID ring black ball bearing swivel on end of fluoro with a small black Duo lock snap.

Edited by Sk8man

Don,

I'm not sure about the reaction of super glue with the mono or fluoro but with flies that I tie and a few other thiings where I feel there will be extreme stressI use something called Seal All which is impervious to water,oil or gasoline....can be hard to find it though.There is a risk attached though....your friends may say you are the "Master of Overkill" :lol:

#8 Spro is rated at 50 lbs and will fit through most tips and eyes. the #10 is rated at 30 lbs  and goes through fine but is harder to tie knots with larger diameter lines.

Edited by Sk8man

Always good to be on the safe side....I nearly always use the #8's even for walleyes as they are easier to work with when tying:smile:

I use 20 lb test fluoro with 30 lb SeaFlee mono on riggers. 30 lb does seem like rope after 40 years of using 12 lb test even for the kings:lol: but I can't even imagine the flea load on that now...

Edited by Sk8man

When it comes to dipseys I won't run anything less than 30lb... I used to run 20lb and had to may break offs at $25+ a pop. You could prolly get away with 20lb on riggers, but it's easier to keep everything the same imo. Fish have no problems hitting FF rigs and most flies are tied with 50lb flouro.

Yes the FF's are a different matter. I hook dipsys directly to the 30 lb wire with 40 lb MONO (Big Game) to the attractor and 50 lb MONO (Big Game) for my own hand tied flies. The reason for Big Game mono is that I have had breakoffs with the commercially tied fluoro flies and I want a little stretch when a savage king hits the fly so I use mono and never a snubber.Although it is inexpensive line it is very durable with a pretty hard outercoating that stands up well to abrasion.  Most of the initial "shock" is taken up at this end of the setup. Very few lost fish for many years with this set-up

Edited by Sk8man