Cayuga Myers north

Trolled dipsies from Myers to the power plant. Trolled 70 to 90 ft.  of water, 50 to 65' down. Took 10 lakers and one landlocked salmon from 5:30 to 8:30am. Surface temps.at the magical 70 degrees. Fleas are becoming a big nuisance. Lots of bait everywhere. Fish are all clean. These are the good old days!

Hi, question. I put in at Myers today. Trolled 2 riggers with fly’s and lures. Ran green, white, mixed colors, spoon sizes etc... Ran for 4 hrs and not one hit. Now, I have been going out on the weekends, but I am not having any luck. Now I have been mixing up lures, distances from the boat etc. and I am losing hope here. Now the only thing that I can think of that would impact everything that I have done is boat speed. Today I could not get my boat slower than 2 mph and a high of about 2.6 mph... could boat speed be what is killing my chances? I rigged up a bucket and will tow it behind the boat tomorrow but am looking for any hints that I can get??

Hi, question. I put in at Myers today. Trolled 2 riggers with fly’s and lures. Ran green, white, mixed colors, spoon sizes etc... Ran for 4 hrs and not one hit. Now, I have been going out on the weekends, but I am not having any luck. Now I have been mixing up lures, distances from the boat etc. and I am losing hope here. Now the only thing that I can think of that would impact everything that I have done is boat speed. Today I could not get my boat slower than 2 mph and a high of about 2.6 mph... could boat speed be what is killing my chances? I rigged up a bucket and will tow it behind the boat tomorrow but am looking for any hints that I can get??
using the down riggers , I make my distance behind the down rigger weight 100 ft especially when fishing high in the water column. Run 30 lb mono step down to a 15 lb fluorocarbon leader about 8 feet. I was using UV spoons today being a bright sunny day. Running a 8 ft 15 lb fluorocarbon cheater free sliding. My GPS speed was around 2.2 to 2.8 Fishhawk Down Speed was reading 2. 2 to 2.4 . I was concentrating on Silvers and i was picking small Lakers at this speed. When I slowed the boat down to 1.8 to 2.0 GPS speed My Fish Hawk what is reading 1. 6 to 1.8 . I like using Michigan Stinger spoons moonshine's flt spoons .suttons work really well also. I run my Chinook divers with a spin doctor UV flies or pro troll and UV flies today I tried keeping them up high didn't do so well. At the end I dropped my gispy to 100 ft deep hit my biggest Laker .

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

thanks I have 17lb mono on my downrigger rods. I have spin doctors but never tried them yet. Gotta find out what is wrong in what I am doing one of these days... here was my run:

80-120 ft depth

downriggers at 60 and 45.

set the 45 back 100 - 120 feet

set the 60 back 80 - 100 feet

spoon colors may be wrong as I was running silver and white

• Like 1

buckets will do.. I had 1 rigged with a system rso I could tie it to both ends of the boat.. thought that 2 buckets may get messed up in riggers as I have the short booms on them right now but haven't tried it at all yet.

thanks I have 17lb mono on my downrigger rods. I have spin doctors but never tried them yet. Gotta find out what is wrong in what I am doing one of these days... here was my run:

80-120 ft depth
downriggers at 60 and 45.
set the 45 back 100 - 120 feet
set the 60 back 80 - 100 feet

spoon colors may be wrong as I was running silver and white

Pink tuxedo uv took a lot of fish today purple UV green jeans blueberry muffin greasy chicken wing yellow jeans that also took a lot of fish some were Gold Cup.

I prefer the smaller spoons (2 1/2 - 3") for landlocks and rainbows, larger spoons for lakers. I like hammered nickel with blue or green. I'd suggest trying some lighter line or at least lighter leaders, I often run 8 or 10 lb fluorocarbon. If you need the heavy line to shed fleas, use as long a leader as you can handle to land fish. You do have to play the fish carefully with the lighter line, but it gets more bites.

Your boat speed does not sound that bad, to me. Do you run sliders on your downrigger lines? That doubles your number of baits in the water.

Don't overlook stick baits if your after lakers. Watch your graph, and let the fish tell you what depth they are at.

Yes that is correct 3 rods per person. That is why the sliders are also nice, I tend to fish solo often as well. Also to touch on speed, don’t be afraid to bump up to 3 even 3.5mph gps speed and/ or drive the boat erratically in s turns. I have found it can trigger some of the less active fish

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Fisherdude:

Speed doesn't sound too bad, trolling bags better than buckets & less likely to mess up your hull. I run one off each side, just ahead of transom, helps with speed & handling on windy days. Lure, size & color vary day to day, so don't get too hung up. Temp more important than depth get yourself a down probe, 45-55 degrees will be where you want to be 

Three rods, 15 hook points per rod... so I can run 3 rods on riggers, with a slider on each one so I have 6 lures in the water. I guess you could technically put 2 sliders fixed with rubber bands on each rod for 9 lures in the water, but damn thats just asking for a tangled mess!! That would be exactly the time you'd hook into "Goliath" and end up in a serious mess

Three rods, 15 hook points per rod... so I can run 3 rods on riggers, with a slider on each one so I have 6 lures in the water. I guess you could technically put 2 sliders fixed with rubber bands on each rod for 9 lures in the water, but damn thats just asking for a tangled mess!! That would be exactly the time you'd hook into "Goliath" and end up in a serious mess

Or you can run a rig rod , and have 3 rods and 15 lures in the water