A-Hole with fireworks

I bet Waler 1 is right not covered by the marina , if they haveing porblems at night and not takeing care of it . I hope all boats there pull out, so sorry for the boat owners that had any damage . that is just wrong .

It’s in the contract that your boat must be insured and usually the marina requires a copy of insurance as well. The marina has video footage from last night around midnight of someone setting off fireworks and police investigating to see who the people were. Very unfortunate situation from some A**holes who obviously don’t give a S**t about other people property.

• Like 2

I bet Waler 1 is right not covered by the marina , if they haveing porblems at night and not takeing care of it . I hope all boats there pull out, so sorry for the boat owners that had any damage . that is just wrong .
So you want the marina to go out of business because someone from shore may have set off fireworks?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was at the marina yesterday when they were pulling the video. I did not see it all but there is a clip of some fireworks being launched from a boat in a slip at one end of the marina. Shortly after there is video of the fire breaking out on my dock. There is also a head shot captured of the owner/passenger of the boat launching fireworks. The breeze that night was moving in the proper direction to push the fireworks towards my dock. I'm sure a little investigation will reveal whether electrical problems of some sort or fireworks caused the fire. I'm just waiting to see how it plays out. The bottom line is these people probably don't have insurance and if they did the insurance company probably won't cover their asses on an event like this. So either my insurance company will cover or I will have to sue the boat owner. I'm guessing suing the boat owner will yield nothing though. Sutter's has always treated me very well and I am sure they will do their utmost to get this ironed out. The loose irony of it all is that the jackasses were in my old slip from 5 years ago. I moved out of it when I got this boat because it was too shallow. I think the salmon pooled their money and hired this guy.

• Like 1

It is heartbreaking to see your prized property messed up by thoughtless careless people and then YOU have to be the one to try to straighten out things after their thoughtless acts. I wish you  the best of luck in getting the situation corrected. We can all identify with your plight and sympathize with you. I sincerely hope that these idiots will be identified and that you are properly compensated one way or the other. Hang in there.

Your insurance company is responsible for your loss.  They will look to seek relief from any other liable party but their primary responsibility is to you their insured.

NFA is a great company, hopefully you called your insurance company first, and NFA shortly after.

Edited by whaler1
  • Like 1

No not the marina out of business, but they should get ahold of the problem if they came fromthere lot maybe post a surerity person just for that stupid week , I watched my neighbors almost burn there neighbors home down good thing I was waiting for something stupid to happen got it stopped 

I know this doesn’t pertain to this exact post but 20 years ago the people next to us at the time just had their lawn put it. So to celebrate there moving in, in a few days, they shot up fireworks very pretty, but I walked over and said not to start out on the wrong foot but I wouldn’t do that and explained why, young couple, aaah nothing will happen. Ok then marched my azz over on my patch all seemed well as they left. 9:pm or so an hour later I got up to the smell of smoke WTF checked my house out all is well so went down to the chicken coup figuring that maybe the fireworks caught the chicken coup on fire!!! Nope, walked over to the neighbors to see the straw on fire it had burned 3/4 around the house so I ran and got a rake and raked a 3ft path so the fire could jump but 2/3 of the yard burned off. Well I guess they had to reseed and put new straw down. You just can’t cure stupid. Your situation definitely sucks because your boat is destroyed and hopefully your insurance doesn’t fall into the hand of someone else’s sheer ignorance?? My heart goes out to you!! I know how it feels to get your pride and joy stripped from your hands in a matter of minutes!!!

Edited by pap

Not much for updates. Talked to Irondequoit police and I knew way more than they did. Like the name of the marina's owner and the fact that there was video. i think they are only getting info from the fire investigator. The fire investigator sounds like he is at an inconclusive conclusion, can't say if it was fireworks or an electrical problem on the boat next to me for sure. I'm just trying to gather estimates for the insurance company. If anyone knows someone who will come to marina to do estimate that would be great. They don't want me to pull boat yet but everyone wants me to bring boat to them for estimates. Looks like about $2,000.00 in fishing equipment toasted, but it is insured. Hopefully it will all work out.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jlogger said:

Not much for updates. Talked to Irondequoit police and I knew way more than they did. Like the name of the marina's owner and the fact that there was video. i think they are only getting info from the fire investigator. The fire investigator sounds like he is at an inconclusive conclusion, can't say if it was fireworks or an electrical problem on the boat next to me for sure. I'm just trying to gather estimates for the insurance company. If anyone knows someone who will come to marina to do estimate that would be great. They don't want me to pull boat yet but everyone wants me to bring boat to them for estimates. Looks like about $2,000.00 in fishing equipment toasted, but it is insured. Hopefully it will all work out.

Did you contact NFA?  thats what they do.  They are a liason between you and your insurance company.  

59 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

Did you contact NFA?  thats what they do.  They are a liason between you and your insurance company.  

I talked to them. They said they don't do boat stuff too much but he did say to call him when I find out how it is going to work out with the insurance company. I'm hoping the insurance company doesn't try to work me over but if they do I'll utilize the NFA. Thanks for that info to begin with.

Too bad they don’t do much with boats. They’re pit bulls. When they get involved they get their clients big settlements.
You want every payment coming to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I had my rods stolen about 6 years ago. Insurance wouldn’t cover it for they considered it as personal. I didn’t have any personal on my policy. But I do now!

Sorry to hear about this. But this brings to light how people in Marina's and RV parks are really clueless and have little common sense primarily because they are in a vacation mode (thats the environment we live in) and they dont truly understand nor respect the environment we are in....

Some of you know of my cleaner I make. Ive traveled marinas and rv parks for 3 decades now and it truly amazes me how SOME ....not all...but some people who are in these places have absolutely no common sense and really dont belong around this environment..

And when you take those people and add their friends ......now your talking issues.....Again im sorry hopefully you get back to where you were...but in all honesty it wont be the last time something like this happens because there are way too many clueless people around a dangerous environment....

19 hours ago, GAMBLER said:

Good luck Jack. I hope it all works out for you!

Thanks Brian. I guess we won't be winning the Shootout this year either.

Very sorry to hear about this.  Good luck with the insurance claim.  Insurance is what I do so message me if you have any questions and I can try and help.  

Edited by slipbob
  • Like 3