Its-A-Fishal.. Port of Rochester.

Ok, the bite came to a screaming halt for us. This past 2 weeks was some of the best fishing ive seen in many many moons. On average 20 to 25 caught and released every 4 hour trip. 23lb being our biggest, with low teens being average.

TODAY?? 1 for 3 in 5 hours. Worked from 100 to 280 and everywhere in between. Almost zero marks. Warm water west all the way out to 180. Found cooler waters east of port. A serious temp break. Went from 59 degrees at 75 down to 47 at 70 down. Break was at the west edge of the ibay trench. I won't say they went out deep. My experience is they went to the bottom. But still hanging out in 140 to 180.

With the hot week we had, brought on a massive hatching of the dreadful fleas. Very little cotton wood left. Worst I've seen in many moons as well. Even rigger cables coating up, Rare. 30lb doesn't help much. My guess is, the rapid increase in lake temp is responsible. Possible happy note, is they will be gone quicker than normal.

MORE REPORTS. I for one have been slacking on reports. I guess its starts with the person in the mirror. I will report more frequently. Many have moved to private Facebook groups. I ask to all who read lou, please post and share more often. I will continue posting and visiting other columns on lou. I ask everyone to try and do the same. Let's get communications back online. Thanks.

As for tomorrow i will try again. I'm actually thinking about a 300 plus run tomorrow. I will post all findings. If i don't hit the kings i will switch to a steely program. Happy Fishing all. See you out there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I had the exact experience except I didn't stick it as long! Thinking of heading to DEEP water tomorrow. I actually stripped my reels because the fleas were so bad they wouldn't come off.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I had an almost identical morning out of I-bay.  2 for 4, a skippy and a high teen king.

I trolled 90fow to 400fow, fish caught and lost all in less than 200fow.  The thermal break you mention extended east of the bay, I almost questioned my probe, as you said it was significant.  I worked it for while with no success.

Overall, marks were few and far between, and most were small…a few streakers/followers.  Bait was scarce, but I did find two large pods in 400fow, but no hooks or marks around them.  I spent a fair amount of time working the area without a hit or seeing more than one hook and it was 150ft down.

Nothing really worked on the fleas, even frequent cleaning of lines.  That “super flea” attaches harder the more you work it, even on 50lb mono….I ended up trimming line to keep fishing.

• Like 1

Fished I fished out of the oak today. Blow yesterday really warmed the inside. Went 4 for 8 150 - 170. Trolled out 350 didn't move a rod. Spoon bite bite for us. Nbk and wonder bread uv did best. Every 10-15 minutes flea detail really sucks. Lost a mid 20's fish thanks to the fleas.

Edited by Charlie P
Change

I had the exact experience except I didn't stick it as long! Thinking of heading to DEEP water tomorrow. I actually stripped my reels because the fleas were so bad they wouldn't come off.

Deep is my next run. I guess we can't complain. Great fishing up till yesterday and today. See u on the 25 line.

I had an almost identical morning out of I-bay.  2 for 4, a skippy and a high teen king.

I trolled 90fow to 400fow, fish caught and lost all in less than 200fow.  The thermal break you mention extended east of the bay, I almost questioned my probe, as you said it was significant.  I worked it for while with no success.

Overall, marks were few and far between, and most were small…a few streakers/followers.  Bait was scarce, but I did find two large pods in 400fow, but no hooks or marks around them.  I spent a fair amount of time working the area without a hit or seeing more than one hook and it was 150ft down.

Nothing really worked on the fleas, even frequent cleaning of lines.  That “super flea” attaches harder the more you work it, even on 50lb mono….I ended up trimming line to keep fishing.

Seems to be the same report from many. Better days ahead. I'm sure ill find them tomorrow. Happy fishing, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your report always helpful and yes let's share more often. I really try to post my reports even if I do bad. I wouldn't be the fisherman I am today if it wasn't for the LOU!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes this site has helped many. Life is to short for quit secrets. Sharing is giving. Happy Fishing.

• Like 1

Fished I fished out of the oak today. Blow yesterday really warmed the inside. Went 4 for 8 150 - 170. Trolled out 350 didn't move a rod. Spoon bite bite for us. Nbk and wonder bread uv did best. Every 10-15 minutes flea detail really sucks. Lost a mid 20's fish thanks to the fleas.

We are man, we will conquer and overcome. Ugh, oh how i hate them.

Fished east of I-bay nothing inside ran out to 400 went 5 for 8 in 2 hrs orange lures and meat on 300 copper fish caught between 40 and 90 kings and steelhead

Fished east of I-bay nothing inside ran out to 400 went 5 for 8 in 2 hrs orange lures and meat on 300 copper fish caught between 40 and 90 kings and steelhead

Thanks for sharing, the bite will only get better out there. I'll be testing waters tomorrow.

We went out of IBay as well. Went 1 for 1 (a 17lb king) off a Chinook Diver/with a chartreuse and white spoon in 200 fow. Fleas piled on both 40 and 50 lb. mono. Tough fishing today.

• Like 1

Fished tonight out of Sandy.  Had the first king on before I could set my first wire.  About a 20lb king on 70ft rigger.  Got the spread out and managed another king around 10# on wire spinny.  7 lb brown  10 color and a few skippies to finish off the nite. Had to cut off all my rigger rod leaders because of fleas. Nothing like last Saturdays  Rochester tournament. 70-150fow  Pretty god screen in 120.

• Like 1