Tracker fuse panel

Mayb4

So l have a new to me 06 tracker 18ft and Im adding a new finder and so other things. My issue right now is I'm not understanding this fuse panel and I don't have any paperwork for it. Can anyone enlighten me what I have going on here. Only one 10 amp fuse? 3s and 5s?

received_10216465809056799.jpeg

Here's a couple more pics. It just seems underpowered to me. I would like to add in 2 fish finders and a stereo at some point but I'm not sure where I would plug them. I'm not familiar with this type of panel.more of the hot in one side cold out the other across from it

MVIMG_20180708_140612.jpg

IMG_20180708_140624.jpg

I'll try to help but don't really know what you are asking. You have a fuse panel with a single positive DC input feeding 8 circuits, likely fused appropriately from the factory. If they aren't labeled you can track them down individually by turning on your accessories one at a time and pulling fuses. Likely they are for your different lights, bilge pumps, aerator, accessory, etc. You also have a DC ground bus. If you want to add a bunch on new stuff you should add another fuse panel (Blue Sea) and run wires to the battery of appropriate size. Fuse the positive at the battery terminal. If that isn't what you are looking for reply with questions.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was hoping to wire in 2 finders at about 3 amps each and a stereo with 2 speakers at some point. Maybe some extra LEDs on the deck so I need 4 more fuse slots. I could run inline fuses and run off the posts off the back but I'd prefer to just put a new panel in at this point. Am I able to swap the boxes out and run the same wire, which I think is 8 guage, back to the battery? Or will that be drawing too much out of one 8 guage wire? Slightly confused why my 5 year older tracker had 30 20 10 and a couple 5 amp fuses and this one is so low. Am I able to just wire 2 finders into one wire clip and switching to a 5 amp fuse or 10? Will that hurt?

Edited by Mayb4

What pjprod and TrophySeeker advised, I would also advise. A high amperage (total of all your electronics) fuse at the battery terminal or after battery selector switch, two heavy 8 awg black & red marine grade insulated wires running to the aftermarket fuse boxes. This makes wiring super simple to figure out when and you don't end up with a rats nest of wires running up and down the length of your boat. The ones that TrophySeeker show in the pictures are the same that I run and they are well worth the investment . I paid $15.00 for a 10-way fuse box. Good luck and make sure the batteries are disconnected when you wire them in.

Or this. Don't worry about what is there. Run 8awg red and black (or yellow) to the battery. Fuse at the battery at 30 or 40 amp. Wire all your accessories to the new panel, and fuse accordingly. 3733482.jpg.2622a29203b608bc2516ab4aa3f3c5fd.jpg

This is the one I used on my boat. I also used the same model on my RZR to install a radio, LED lights, a cab heater and interior lights. You can get them from eBay or amazon. Amazon was cheaper. There very good quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Go with the 12 fuse block and keep all your add ones to the boat in that fuse block. You won’t be sorry to have open spaces down the rd. Iv added riggers, led lights, USB ports, cigarette lighter, you name it

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 years later...
On 7/9/2018 at 9:54 PM, TrophySeeker said:

Or this. Don't worry about what is there. Run 8awg red and black (or yellow) to the battery. Fuse at the battery at 30 or 40 amp. Wire all your accessories to the new panel, and fuse accordingly. 3733482.jpg

I also use this on my rig. Great ,easy to use setup.