Top Secret Fishing Report - July 7-8, 2018

The strong west winds brought warmer water to Sodus and pushed the temp lower in the water column. Most kings this weekend came 80-110 down over 130-170fow. Every bite except 3 came on the downrigger, and all but one of them were on spoons, the other on meat.

Morning bite was excellent, but quickly died around 8am. We aren't exactly early risers, but both days we set lines around 715am and hit fish immediately. Shelly snack spoons on Saturday and a magnum blue green spoon Sunday were our "hot" items and took multiple fish.

We found a ton of fish out there, but struggled to turn them on. The sonar was lit as we circled a 1/4 mile area all weekend. Others reported scattered fish and very slow fishing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

9 hours ago, Jetsled said:

Great video.  Fish Hawk display mounted on port side downrigger?  Not on dash to monitor & adjust speed?

thanks,

jetsled

It is bluetooth enabled, so I use a spare phone at the helm to monitor.  I need to mount the rear display higher.  I am thinking of mounting the base to the topside of my downrigger.  I really wish Fishhawk would have made their display more "standard". A rectangular black box.  It would have looked much better installed on the dash.

7 minutes ago, TOP SECRET said:

It is bluetooth enabled, so I use a spare phone at the helm to monitor.  I need to mount the rear display higher.  I am thinking of mounting the base to the topside of my downrigger.  I really wish Fishhawk would have made their display more "standard". A rectangular black box.  It would have looked much better installed on the dash.

Copy that!  mounting mine this weekend along with simrad transducer.  got a transducer question in the "this old boat" section on port side vs. starboard side.  check it out & tell what u think....

thanks,

jetsled

Copy that!  mounting mine this weekend along with simrad transducer.  got a transducer question in the "this old boat" section on port side vs. starboard side.  check it out & tell what u think....

thanks,
jetsled
Yes, I'd mount the simrad transducer on the port side! I'd mount the FishHawk on the opposite side as I have heard rumors of chirp causing interference.

5 minutes ago, TOP SECRET said:
16 minutes ago, Jetsled said:

thanks,
jetsled

Yes, I'd mount the simrad transducer on the port side! I'd mount the FishHawk on the opposite side as I have heard rumors of chirp causing interference.

that is my game plan.  big thanks!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thumbburn said:

Think I saw the old roughrider this spring in Wilson..... you sell the cooler with the boat?.....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yes that's our buddy Steve that fishes with us.  He has taken over the reigns and will be renaming her to "Start Me Up" soon.