Seneca update

Well, Seneca Lake has been fishing great. I've been lacking in updates. Busy last couple months.

The rainbow fishing had been nothing short of amazing for the last month.

Plenty of Atlantic's. I'd say next year we will have a great Atlantic fishery again as long as the lampreys don't do any more damage. They treated the spawning grounds for the little vampires last month.

This past weekend was a great weekend for fishing. Saturday I had a morning trip. Plenty of action. Good temp for silvers down 35 to 45 foot. Stinger scorpion spoons are prooving to be ideal for the active fish. Mixed veggie and anything orange really.

Gambler rigs are the ticket. Color according to sun, am the glow is great, as soon as the sun peaks, switch to UV or just chrome and they will produce. The grease trap is best for me, cowbells are pulling some bites as will an occasional echip and fly bite on the divers.

By Saturday afternoon, the temps went from 45 foot to 80 foot down. Amazing what a few hours does.

Sunday, snuck out with some friends. Fished the same area and had non stop action. Great for the 9 yr old. She made sure to make it a point, she needed to wind in all the fish, she let mom and dad have a crack at a few.

******Most productive gambler presentation behind the grease trap, run the lead 50 foot plus from the ball.............******

Lakers, bows and salmon kept us busy til quitting time at noon. They kept a few for the grille and let go the rest.

Few photos of the weekend.

FB_IMG_1531136313201.jpgFB_IMG_1531136310547.jpgFB_IMG_1531136307438.jpgFB_IMG_1531136304667.jpgFB_IMG_1531136299864.jpg20180708_112959.jpg20180703_213708.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Nice going John. :smile: Good luck this weekend if you are fishing it. Thanks for the encouraging report NIck.

Edited by Sk8man