Walleye fishing on Oneida Lake

I took my Mom out on Saturday afternoon trolling cranks and we did very well. Lots of active walleyes in 30-40fow. I personally don't pull harnesses anymore. I find jigging or trolling cranks works a lot better on the eyes here. But this time of year you should do fine regardless of what you want to do.

I'd also recommend that if you jig, jig aggressive, and if you troll, troll relatively fast. 2.5mph for cranks

I agree. Cover ground with sticks and forget the worms. Downspeed 2.2-2.3, graph will prob show 2.5-2.6. Don't be shy with the speed. I never had to hunt them and stayed on the same stretch all week, hit 30fow and trolled west from Lewis point. Even a couple deep divers off boat and do S turns through 29-34fow is a stupid simple program that will work.

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thank you all for the helpful advise we ended up trolling work harnesses since some family friends that’s what they have done in the past. Got to the lake at about 7am launched at the south launch. Went out to 40 fow and gave it a shot got 4 quick ones right off the bat ranging from 14 inches to 16 inches then it slowed finally got a couple more around 12:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

did Oneida out of Bridgeport yesterday. Had a steady pick of eater size fish on nothing specific. They hit purple Colorado blades, orange willow blades, white and black sticks, perch sticks. Seemed like if you could find em they would hit. 36 to 40fow.

also seemed like slower was better. I tried 2.5 then 2.2 and finally started picking up fish around 1.8 - 1.9

Edited by WoodieBoater