Could use some advice on new seats

dt5150

so i've been wanting to get some better seats, something more comfortable with some arm rests. i've been looking around online at all the usual retailers and local craigslist and ebay. i really like the look of some of the helm seats in pontoon boats, look comfy with flip up arm rests, but i just don't know if they'd be too wide for my rig (crestliner eagle 2450 walk-around). here's what i've got now, the stock crestliner seats.

image.thumb.jpeg.637854ec3e054e66122fe758eb3899a4.jpeg

and here's the type of seat i'm thinking about..

image.png.4f5470d091c716bc35b0d45a52eb7c55.png

i like the idea of flip up arm rests because a lot of the time i'm sitting kind of sideways while trolling. one hand on the wheel while watching the rods. it would allow my leg to hang over the side of the seat with the arm rest up if i wanted, versus a seat with fixed arm rests, like this.

image.png.15ff3368161b6c3be799d51053c5e7d0.png

given the narrow cockpit on my boat, i don't know if either of these styles would work. while they may fit facing forward or aft, the arm rest might contact the side walls preventing them from swiveling. any advice on captains seats?

I installed a Tempress Elite helm seat in my Striper. I could only install one seat because of the width.  You have to be sure it doesn't interfere with the shifter.  I have to rotate slightly left to get reverse. I had to keep the narrow original copilot seat. It was a great improvement over the stock seat.

• Like 1

shifter clearance won't be an issue, mine is mounted up high. i might have to do the same thing, keep one narrower seat and upgrade the other one. it's too bad i couldn't test fit a couple seats before buying.. that would help a lot.