best knot for wire

I use a crimping tool. I bought it on eBay, works great. I tied some walleye worm harness with it using wire. Works great for that too.
It wasn’t very expensive either. I think it was 20 bucks with shipping cost. And if you have one you will actually use it more than you think you would.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Setting up a wire diver for the first time. What knot should I use to the terminal connection? Thank's for the input,   Matt

You didn’t specify 7 or 19 strand wire.

If you’re using 7-strand wire, I think most people use crimp. Make a loop through snap swivel eye and then fit swivel through loop and pull tight working the wire loop back so you end up with double wire from crimp to snap. Crimp after wire loop is pulled tight.

If you’re using 19 strand double the line making a loop. Fold the doubles line onto itself and feed the end loop through the double loop (you’re doing an overhand knot). Slide to adjust the size and pull the overhand knot tight. Add the snapswivel as described above.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Use a leader of 50lb braid say about 20-30'.  Loop the wire end, feed braid through loop from the bottom.  Wrap back to the wire loop about 10 turns or so feed the tag end of the braid up through the loop from the bottom.  Add a bit of spit and pull tight.  Then take the braid leader end and use a palomar knot to tie on to your swivel for the divers you are using.  Never get a kink in the wire, it won't cork screw on you etc.etc.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2018 at 6:57 PM, John E Powell said:

You didn’t specify 7 or 19 strand wire.

If you’re using 7-strand wire, I think most people use crimp. Make a loop through snap swivel eye and then fit swivel through loop and pull tight working the wire loop back so you end up with double wire from crimp to snap. Crimp after wire loop is pulled tight.

If you’re using 19 strand double the line making a loop. Fold the doubles line onto itself and feed the end loop through the double loop (you’re doing an overhand knot). Slide to adjust the size and pull the overhand knot tight. Add the snapswivel as described above.

I've always used the "loop knot" unsure if that's the proper name for it, but you make a loop, pass it through the swivel, then pass the swivel back through the loop. Then work the knot to the top of the ring and you're good, hasn't given me any problems so far, takes a whole 15 seconds to tie.