Twili tip on Talora Help

You have to really watch the heat application (transfering through the metal tip to the rod itself) to the fiberglass it can weaken it if too much. The new packages of twillis come with a few different inside diameter adapters that fit most standard rods but if you now have a rod tip diameter that is too large for the largest inside diameter you may have to go with a roller tip instead. I like them better anyway. If you go the roller approach look around for a used roller tip rod that has the steel tips NOT the ones with aluminum sides they allow wire to cut through them

Edited by Sk8man

On one Talora I had to cut off the tip, I broke the graphite, so I just installed the twilli down further (all of about 1"). On others, the front guide has come off fine with a little heat. I use a small butane torch with a low flame.

Same for me it won't come off with heat

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I used a cut off wheel to get a nice straight cut on my talors i cut it just under the eye so there was still metal on the tip if i recall i had to use a drill bit to ream out the twili tip cause there wasnt one big enough to fit it, put some glue on it and its been great