Cayuga 7/12

Fished out of Myers today. Started the day on a north troll on the west side of the lake. Early morning bite was slow. Finally.found the fish north of the boy scout camp and after that was pretty consistent picking of lake trout. Lots of fish in the 3 lbs range. 80 ft of water was the magic number. And a uv chartruce fly did most of the damage. As the day went on the fishing got better. Fished a 6 rod spread greens and blue were hot colors for flies. Mostly a rigger bite today with only a few fish on the diver rods. Had a awsome fight with a big rainbow that tail walked and came out of the water 3 or 4 times only to finally spit the hook. Put 15 Lakers in the boat and probably had close to that many fish shake off behind the boat. Good luck to all fishing in the tournament this weekend if should be a lot of fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It is funny how some days you do not drop a single fish and other days you drop a bunch. Last few trips we got around 15 fish and never dropped one. Tuesday we dropped a 3rd of the fish. I hope the currents are not bad this weekend. I plan on running 3 dipsies a side. We use to do that all the time but you have to pay attention every second.

• Like 1

Absolutely the currents on Cayuga seem different over the past couple of years it seems to be a lot more east west drift than I remember. I used to frequently run 2 or 3 dipsys per side and have gone down to running just 1 due to tangles. I don't know maybe it is just me. Seems simpler to stack my riggers and run the 1 dipsey of each side. Still carry the extra diver rods but don't deploy them too often. I thought it was really strange to have the fishing pick up after the sun got high in the sky. The best fishing yesterday was from 10am untill about 1. Was really on fire then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

80 ft of water. Right on the bottom. Tons of Lakers on the botom and salmon and rainbows down 20 to 40 ft suspended. I like to bounce back and forth in a zig zag patern covering different depths but the most active fishing today was 80 ft. Marked fish in deeper water from 65 to 85 ft down but they weren't as active.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Lake Ontario United mobile app