Took son out for a lunch time troll. Only fish was small king on dipsey set 180 with SD/Fly in 225 fow. Fished 12-4 in 150 to 275 fow. Marked a few fish.

Fleas were so bad I had to hand reel in one of my lines. Was going to go out in morning but don’t know if it is worth it with fleas so bad. Some one posted 100 fow off genny had no fleas. Could that short of a location make a difference with fleas?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If you can get out just before sun rise your lines probably wont be in the water long enough for fleas. We were 2 for 4 by 5:40am last sat.

The inside afternoon bite has been much slower for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I believe a lot of people run over fish. Why not come off plain and take a peek at 80 to 100. Don’t put lines down, just take a 5 minute look before you head out further.
Can’t tell you how often it’s paid off for me.

Thanks for the info guys. I have an 18 foot boat so 500 kind of scares me. I normally fish the mornings but was bored at work today so I decided to take rest of the day off and take my son. I don’t have a fish hawk so I never really know if I am in right temp, speed or depth. That will be my big expense next year. That doesn’t bother me as much as the fleas. 30lb big game loaded with them.

• Like 2