Which Mapping Chip do you use for Eastern Lake Ontario

I use Lake Master Northeast version 1 in my Humminbird 1198c SI and the Lowrance Insight that came installed in my Lowrance HDS 8 GEN 2 Non-Touch unit. I have the Navionics Regions (East) map card in my HDS 8, but the Insight software shows much better depth contours than my Navionics card, and the Vanionics card is a year old, and updated last month.

After using both units side by side, I prefer the Lake Master charts for Lake Ontario.

Edited by Todd in NY

I like to switch my HDS from the Insight maps to the Navionics card when I'm fishing a steep wall or other structure, and the Navionics card shows the depth in numbers, but not contours. Switch back to the Insight maps and my depth contours show up again.

I'm only referring to the Navionics Regions card, maybe the higher end Platinum card shows depth contours better, but I've never used any other Navionics card.

I'll also add that I'm talking about deeper water (over 70ft), not shallow water.

Edited by Todd in NY

If it is a Navionics+ Regions card, on your HDS unit, you should be able to go to "Chart Options", select "View" and then select "Fish'N'Chip! As long as your card is updated it should provide you 1-foot contour lines. The Navionics+ card is one that I'm used to, I was just wondering what kind of details and features some of the other cards had. Thanks Todd B.!

51 minutes ago, FishHardDave said:

If it is a Navionics+ Regions card, on your HDS unit, you should be able to go to "Chart Options", select "View" and then select "Fish'N'Chip! As long as your card is updated it should provide you 1-foot contour lines. The Navionics+ card is one that I'm used to, I was just wondering what kind of details and features some of the other cards had. Thanks Todd B.!

I have this card and loaded and reloaded it until I nearly tossed everything overboard. It shows contours in metric and/or fathoms. I spoke with Navionics and this is what they told me. I use this in my Elite 7 and no matter what I do, it is not a US measurement. I don't have time to be sitting there with a calculator trying to figure out how deep I am. So, with that said, I will most likely be looking for another chip.