Oswego has been hot all season right up to Thursday then it shut off fished all over there Thursday only caught steelies and 1 small king . Herd they went deep down around 120 thats 40 feet belowe temp break and i  cant say that i really marked any  there but some people did find a few . As far as what your doing wrong you might have been a little deep as we were pounding them at 50 to 75 feet at 2.2 on spoons before Thursday with riggers and waighted steel rods . Also i start off in am with a glow spread and as the sun gets high started switching out to uv as the bight dictates . 

• Like 1

Oswego has been hot all season right up to Thursday then it shut off fished all over there Thursday only caught steelies and 1 small king . Herd they went deep down around 120 thats 40 feet belowe temp break and i  cant say that i really marked any  there but some people did find a few . As far as what your doing wrong you might have been a little deep as we were pounding them at 50 to 75 feet at 2.2 on spoons before Thursday with riggers and waighted steel rods . Also i start off in am with a glow spread and as the sun gets high started switching out to uv as the bight dictates . 
Thanks for the info. Its been a struggle for me this season. Bought a fish hawk, New Garmin , electric downrigger. And so far a blowout. Ill keep at it.

Sent from my ASUS_A002A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rfinney said:

Started at 5 pm. East wind. Went to 180 ft worked around in to 100 back out. Stacked my downriggers, 100, 80, 60. Down speeds between 1.9 to 3.0.

Ran flies, spoons etc. One 20 inch steelhead . Marked few fish, high point very few flees.

Third trip washing lures.

What am I doing wrong? Its crazy.

Thursday night we were in Oswego too. Took nearly 20 hits from 6 pm until sundown. Fished 180-240.

Don't think you did anything wrong just didn't get out far enough. We took hits on spoons, flies and meat took the bigger fish 85-120 down. 

Here is what took hits.

NBK (stingray size) spoon on green Chinook #5 Diver 2 setting. 240-300 back

300 copper Spin doctor & stud fly (small fish though)

450 copper 11" Minion Cotton Candy & Fly

Pro troll white flasher (with light) & Fat nancy pattern flasher both with chartreuse brined meat. 

Had blank screen most of night, some bait no real marks.

Obviously every day changes.  

Fished Friday night out of Fairhaven went real deep looking for better class of fish, all I will say is they are out there!

Keep at it and you will find them.

• Like 1

Thursday night we were in Oswego too. Took nearly 20 hits from 6 pm until sundown. Fished 180-240.
Don't think you did anything wrong just didn't get out far enough. We took hits on spoons, flies and meat took the bigger fish 85-120 down. 
Here is what took hits.
NBK (stingray size) spoon on green Chinook #5 Diver 2 setting. 240-300 back
300 copper Spin doctor & stud fly (small fish though)
450 copper 11" Minion Cotton Candy & Fly
Pro troll white flasher (with light) & Fat nancy pattern flasher both with chartreuse brined meat. 
Had blank screen most of night, some bait no real marks.
Obviously every day changes.  
Fished Friday night out of Fairhaven went real deep looking for better class of fish, all I will say is they are out there!
Keep at it and you will find them.

Thanks. Monday is next day I'm out.