Jigging reports for Cayuga?

Went out of Longpoint yesterday to Aurora. Jigging was rough, tried anything from 60FOW to 150FOW. Hit the water around 7:30 and first fish didn’t come till 12:00. Ended up with two total for the day and went back around 2:30pm. Fish were very suspended and scattered. Finding a laker on the bottom was uncommon and they wanted nothing to with the Jigs we were throwing at them. Both fish came at 120FOW yesterday. Biggest was 27.5”.

-Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Stopped in 45fow because seen a bunch archs on the FF... Saw a minnows rush the surface with a Pike behind it... Pike about slapped the transducer when I surfaced. Kinda got me excited... Over all I got 3 hits in 2.5 hrs. Couple follows. They grabbed the tail... No solid hits... Going to try again just before dark. Hopefully after both tournaments that are going on the traffic will calm down. Bass guys pretty polite this year.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Had almost the exact same experience Friday out of Long Point as PCPete. Good news was that based on my ff there are a lot of lake trout north of the point,  just not cooperative.  

I was out Saturday and today fishing the salvation army derby.  We covered  different areas from about 2 miles south of power plant all the way to about a mile north of Aurora, all on the east shore, fished from 5:00am till 3:00pm each day.

Despite the poor water clarity the jigging was steady throughout both days we caught fish from 40' out to suspended over 250 - all Lakers plus a 6lb LL and a 4.5lb brown.

Best depth Saturday was around 73' and 89' today.  We managed lots of small 3-5lb fish with the occasional 7-8 lber in the mix.  Lots of fish but nothing big enough for the board. 1oz jigs & chartreuse swimbaits seemed to produce the best.  

Thank you for the update. Are you jigging in 250ft, just the top part of the water column where you mark fish? I have not had the confidence to put time in that, it would be great to know if this is a standard jigging area that produces, I always target bottom oriented Lakers.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I don't normally venture out that deep either.  There was a lull for a couple hours yesterday where fish on the bottom were chasing but wouldn't hit anything so we decided to try it.  There was quite a lot of activity between the surface down to about 90'.  Didn't see anything on the bottom out that deep.

It takes some searching around to find these suspended fish, not sure it would be as productive as focusing on the bottom but something I would like to explore more.