Sink rate for Monel

monel is a single strand wire that is or at least was often used in the fingerlakes for hand lining.  just like pulling copper i believe it has a slower sink rate than the single strand copper but I cant say for sure i never really got into it I tried once or twice but it did not excite me.

5 minutes ago, ifishy said:

monel is a single strand wire that is or at least was often used in the fingerlakes for hand lining.  just like pulling copper i believe it has a slower sink rate than the single strand copper but I cant say for sure i never really got into it I tried once or twice but it did not excite me.

Used to be used on A and S reels some victrolas and other bottom fishing and hand rigs similar to pulling copper but it is very soft and very easily kinks. The sink rate was pretty similar to some single strand copper (not the braided copper we now use on copper rigs) which varied in diameter usually 018-.030 in. I think the sink rate may have been most similar to the .024 in. diameter. It is a soft dull colored silver wire ( when used - similar to the look of solder).