10-5 Trophy Seeker 2-Rod Offshore Report

Well, decided to run offshore today. Fished from about 12:30 to 3:00. 2 knock-offs with no one home. That was it. I couldn't find any cold water anywhere. I had 56 degrees down 150 in 425, and 59 down 150 in 185. Surface was 61-62 everywhere. I marked some bait and fish near bottom in 200-250. Maybe I should have run to 500+. Pulled lines at 3:00 so I could watch the Bills game. Probably shoulda' stayed fishing. Oh well. Hope to get out a few more times this month. If anyone finds any silvers offshore - please post.

I went out solo on on a short trip on Sunday afternoon from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. No silvers but steelheads! I wanted to get out much earlier in the morning but with my kids and their football schedule, fishing has moved down on my ladder of priorities. ;(

Trolled in 60 to 80 FOW between IBay and Genny River. Speed between 2.8 and 3.2. First Rigger 20' down and 30 out and second rigger 25' down and 40' out. Screen showed very very little activity after 70 FOW. More activity in 60 FOW.

Just like the last time when I trolled last Tuesday evening. First fifteen minutes came and I landed 6# Steelehead on DW Michigan Dolphin. Same spoon that got me fish last week on evening trolling. The 2nd fish came on the same spoon and fought for a minute with some cool jumps in the air and then spat out the lure. Then I headed back to the dock wishing I had more time to chase for the steelheads.

PH - Thanks for the report. Sounds like I ran 8 miles past the better fishing! Story of my life. I've had good luck in the past this time of the year out deep. Oh well - it was a pretty nice day for a ride. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try again this weekend.