7/15 Got on the water about 6:00 set up in about 60 ft  and picked up a small brown before we had every thing down. Worked 100 - 140 for a few hours lot of marks but couldn't get any thing to .fire except lakers got three around 12 lbs Put out a 10 inch chrome two face on wire on a 1 setting 220 out and it fired and came unhooked with a hammer fly 36 inch leader. Got set back up and decided to troll out a little got out to 180 and the two face fires again 23 pound king. Had very little action on spoons and a bunch of fish came unhooked on flasher flies. Put  the black spinny that Bob Songin mentioned in video from the day before and it fired with in 5 minutes and broke off and I didn't have another. broke two brand new leaders 40lb big game 8 inches down from my knot and didn't even release the dipsey? I checked both of them for nicks before I put them down and they both broke away from the knot and the release on the dipsey wasn't overly tight. Ended up using some 50 lb Gamma I use to tie fly leaders with put I don't know what happened.

7/16 Got on the water about 5:45 and set up in 100 ft  and started our troll. Started a west troll in 130  and anther boat comes in from around 170 ft and angles right at me I won't post the name of the boat but he got to about 100 ft from me and was still coming directly at me. I yelled "Hey what the F### are we doing here" he replies "I'm sorry" and finally turns back out. 6 guys on their boat and they had to see what was happening. I was on my line for 40 minutes and he was literally going to run me over. 

Little later the Two chrome takes a nasty hit and screams out, after a great fight Daughter in law land a 18.5 king.Picked up another king on a black and white spinny and a 42 nd flie down 90 on a rigger, Land a brown off a spoon and a laker and decide to head deep. Hit 400 and chili willi spoon stacked at 60 fires with a steelie third jump it comes off. Get it back down and another steelie takes it about 9 lbs, The chrome two face on the 1 dipsey fires again 16 lb king. We don't get it back down and the other dipsey on a 3 setting with the same set up fires and gets off. Circled back through nothing. 

The learning curve continues. Had to come back home for a couple days be back Wednesday - Sunday at the Oak.

tyler.jpg

Edited by Charlie P

food for thought ,Navigation on great lakes and inland  seaways vessels approaching each other must pass port side to port side.Does not matter if you have been on a consistant track. Always make adjustments in your heading to pass port to port and you will be in the right

We weren't approaching each other I was on a west troll he was on a sw line, he was over taking me. I had boats on my port trolling west no where to go. I have a boat approaching me I'm giving 20- 30 degrees a half mile away, last thing I want is an issue on the water. If I didn't keep my line I would have been collecting the guys copper on my port side.

Edited by Charlie P