What wire to run for dipseys

You may wish to consider the 19 strand wire (if you can find some.....most placed are backordered). Some folks have suggested that it keeps the fleas off better and is less liable to kink. They all work if you are careful in deploying and maintaining them by keeping tensions at all times.

Edited by Sk8man

You are right about the knot stuff but despite some folks aversion to wire crimps I have used them for 40 plus years and never have problems with them if carefully applied and routinely checked as should be done with any line or connection points. You do need to use the right size for the particular wire diameter used though.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

What brand wire do guys prefer. I'm currently running the Bloodrun 7 strand but was thinking about trying the AFW surfstrand 1x7

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If its not broke why fix it. Blood Run all the way. Highest break strength in the business and the highest quality ss in the business for .015 diameter ss wire.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have not had the knots slip on 19 strand, I just use the standard wire knot. I haven't used roller guides or twili tip and very minimal wear to the eye after about 30 fishing trips. I only get out half dozen times a year so it works for me, if you're out all the time I could see the need for roller or twili. 

• Like 1