Downrigger mounts....

DannyL

I bought a couple of used Cannon DR a while back (OK it was years ago) and want to mount them on my Islander. Mounts were already installed on the stern and I had the "block" the goes on the DR.
I bought a couple of low profile swivel mounts thinking they slide into the mounts on the stern.....wrong.
What do I need to make this right? Where did I go wrong!!! LOL

TIA

20180717_204723.jpg

You have "Tab Locks" mounted to your boat.  I believe those are for only for Cannon Lake-Troll, Sport-Troll, Easi-Troll, and Mini-Mag downriggers.....and might also have a different mounting pattern than your swivel base.  The swivel base + mounting block is for most of the large body Cannon electric downriggers.  You will need to remove the tab locks if you have the full size downriggers (Mag10a, Mag10, Mag15, Mag20, etc), and mount your swivel base(s) to your boat instead.  

24 minutes ago, LakerTaker said:

You have "Tab Locks" mounted to your boat.  I believe those are for only for Cannon Lake-Troll, Sport-Troll, Easi-Troll, and Mini-Mag downriggers.....and might also have a different mounting pattern than your swivel base.  The swivel base + mounting block is for most of the large body Cannon electric downriggers.  You will need to remove the tab locks if you have the full size downriggers (Mag10a, Mag10, Mag15, Mag20, etc), and mount your swivel base(s) to your boat instead.  

I had thought of that but to remove them I'll have to play with that big thumbscrew!! ???

21 hours ago, LakerTaker said:

Yes, your riggers slide on the block and are locked down by that thumb bolt. You have to lift up the bolt while you are sliding them on, then tighten.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I was hoping to avoid drilling MORE holes in the boat, guess not.

Thx for the answer.