Barney Baldwin One Day entry form

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Stan - pretty soon those spoons may get antique status and increase in value....keep them packaged and in pristine shape:lol:

Another great day. If these fish get any bigger I'm going to need a bigger fillet knife. It was nice to meet Stan at the launch! ! I also saw Stinger and Hannah Marie.It was another hot day and hot fishing. Had a great time. It almost didn't happen for me. I always test my motors before I go fishing.  Big motor started right up. Kicker didn't want to start and when it did the water pump was not working. Lucky for me the last time I changed the water pump I got a spare. Dropped the lower unit and put it together in pretty short time. Only problem was I should have taken a little more time  When I tested again no water. I missed the tube when I put the lower unit back on. It's dark now and I am working in the rain with a flashlight in my mouth. Bugs were eating me alive but second try was a charm. By the time I was done adjusting the shifter linkage it was 11:30. It was worth the effort. My hunting buddy has only been on the boat one other time. Started out we dropped two fish. Then we had a slammer on the rigger that broke off. He was feeling bad until I examined the line to find the knot slipped. In 40 years of fishing I only remember that happening once. Soon after we started a steady pick of big fish . At one point he a caught a 5lber and he asked me if it was legal. I grinned. First derby and he is spoiled. Nice job to all the winners. Some trophy finger lakes fish for sure.  Wes

Yeah we also had a great time. Fished from 6am-noon. Between myself brother and dad we did over 30 lakers jigging. A huge portion of our fish were 8lbs. We couldnt get one bigger than 9lbs. All were released for another day. Went out again this morning 8/5. Brother and i and did 20 lakers jigging in a 3hr trip. Once again alot of 8lbers with one 10lb in the mix. Just simply awesome jigging past 2 days

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Lake Ontario United mobile app