Best Forecast?

Hey guys. Where is the best place to find accurate lake forecasts? Took the day off today because they were calling for 2’ on my app and thought I’d get a break from the hot weather. Sucked out there with 5-6’. Only one other boat out there braving it with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That’s typical. NOAA forecast , add 1 foot to their forecast. Calling for 1 -3. Figure 2-4. Been that way for the 40 years I’ve been fishing Lake O

13 hours ago, chinook35 said:

That’s typical. NOAA forecast , add 1 foot to their forecast. Calling for 1 -3. Figure 2-4. Been that way for the 40 years I’ve been fishing Lake O

What Chinook said, definitely add a 1 foot to noaa.  Although weather underground's Marine forcast is usually pretty accurate

I think NOAA reads wave height 1/2 of what we think or heigh from mean/average flat level.

Like if you were standing on a dock at water level. a NOAA 1 foot wave would hit your shine 1' high, then the trough would be 1' below the dock. we wold call that 2 footers.

not totally sure about the above but NOAA 1ft can be hell for 16' boat and very dangerous if you need to get off the lake quick or it gets worse quickly.

I like wind <10mph and less than NOAA 1ft. <5mph east or north. this is for 12-24 hrs before too.