New to the local waters need help finding Kings

I live in Hamilton ON and planning to do some Thanks Giving fishing for Kings and Bows (Specifically Oct 13 -15)

New to Lake Ontario waters and looking for help on where the the best place to put the boat in and where to start fishing.

I have a 20ft boat - fully equiped (use to fish out on Huron out of Port Elgin).

If any one has info to share would be greatly appreciate. October fishing can be sparse for boats on the water so if you are going to be out on those days drop me your handle and we can watch out for each other.

Good Fishing

have not fished boats in that area in a long time..however ..bronte harbor, to the east of hamilton or to the south (toward niagara) jordon harbor and niagra on the lake are usuallyg odd ..many salmon alread in rivers but stelhead are off shore and close this time of yr.... spent man sat nites on the port elgin outer breakwall, after a hard day on the saugeen.... check some local bait and tackle stores for up to date info..

Thank for the response. Really appreciate the info. I'll check out hte local tackle shops tomorrow... got one more night shift to work off..'

Both are good places to be while in Port Elgin.. I didn't do much river fishing while I lived there thought. Spent most of my time out on the water and when my dad couldn't take me out I'd fished the Harbour.

My biggest pike came from that harbour 42 inches

oh the memories. hopefully I can find the fish for my Dad when where out next week.

Thanks again for the help.

Good Fishing

Thank for the response. Really appreciate the info. I'll check out hte local tackle shops tomorrow... got one more night shift to work off..'

Both are good places to be while in Port Elgin.. I didn't do much river fishing while I lived there thought. Spent most of my time out on the water and when my dad couldn't take me out I'd fished the Harbour.

My biggest pike came from that harbour 42 inches

oh the memories. hopefully I can find the fish for my Dad when where out next week.

Thanks again for the help.

Good Fishing

good luck in finding the fish.. i ran charters on lake ont for 13 yrs... out of port credit and bronte for a few yrs.. then out of my home port in oshawa for about 10... got out of the bussiness in early 90's due to health... just got back to river and stream fishing this past yr.. mostly fish salt water while in fl in feb and mar... there is lots of fish in your end of the lake just a matter of getting a bead on them.. even fishing the niagara river or trailering or running over to olcott or wilson on the american side is good..