Keuka Fleas? 7/19

I think that they are there and probably large concentrations out there but the lines most prone to them seem to be lines running laterally (horizontal) and moving through large sections of the water column. Copper setups if running the braid backing just below the surface seem much less prone than other stuff where braid is run further out into the water column and riggers and wire rigs seem to readily accrue it and probably part of it relates to there being a lot of line out at an angle in the column. The flea concentrations seem to vary throughout the lakes and within the water column in those lakes. My hunch is that if you were to talk with folks that were trolling for good distances with riggers, leadcore, and braid they'd be complaining about the fleas. The fishook type seem to be more of a pain to get off too. Although the concentrations seem to vary from lake to lake and within the lakes they don't usually disappear until the water temperature gets down below 60 or so toward  or in early Fall.At least that is what I have experienced with them thus far.

Edited by Sk8man

Good luck....I hope I'm wrong.....but last year they clogged up our downrigger wires so bad the weights couldn't be retrieved right about now....be interesting to see how you make out.

Seahawk I am also painting the house---not today or probably not this week with the rain we are suppossed to get.   I do the wood work prep in the day and when the evening cooling starts around 6 pm here start with the paint.  Way past half way done, just a bit at a time.  Also need a new garage roof before fall.  Jigging sometimes we do get the fleas (hard to remove snot from the lines) but not often.  Don't know when we will go again with this weather, but we will sneak out some day this week.......jk