Oneida Lake

If the weather permits-I want to get them eyes at Oneida this upcoming weekend. I had awesome results early this summer pulling stickbaits deep and was wondering if I could get some updates before I go. I had seen that Iceman had been doing well ( I hadn't seen a post from him for a while-nice to hear from him again)-and was hoping that some more posts will be forthcoming. I had seen that he could a sheepie- I didn't know that there were any there-I had never caught any and that statement will probabaly be thekiss of death for me!

Thanks for the past info and looking for some more this week!

Walteye

Walteye:

Thanks for the kind words!!! I am planning on being on the lake this weekend for sure, but plan to fish some other areas away from the crowds North of the channel bouys. I am surprised at the number of boats out there now. Hope the eyes have eaten through the large bait schools, so they are easier to fool. Will post after I get out.

I have always launched out of Godfrey Point and pounded the N/E section of the lake-99.9 % trolling and the rest jigging. Early summer I was having 20+ eye days running Dave's Kaboom lures in blk/slvr and purple prism. The fall for me alternates between those lures/larger shad raps in pearl white and perch and Renoskys (I would like to try the Renosky Chatterstix that worked so well for us on Erie in the MWC tourney). If you are on the lake Saturday-I will be in the tan/black Crestliner with the big white Evinrude on the back-channel 68. Thanks again for the posts and I hope all is well.

Walteye

Walteye;

I will be in a 21' foot red Lund center console with red Bimini top. Yamaha power (main engine & kicker) 4 big john captains packs on the back. Got some shad raps in white & black. These match the gizzard shad I was snagging on the t sticks I pulled through the bait clouds, as well as some spit out in the live well. Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Storm:

If you have time, please post how you did, as it will be very helpful for the next three days. I plan on posting after each trip.

Good luck to all, & maybe Oneida will beginn to let use do some serious damage on the eye's!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!

I went wading from west of lake port shoreline a few nights ago casting stickbaits and didn't get anything yet..

I will be out there this weekend if I can hopefully they will be getting close to shore, Also going out deeper in a few weeks, I will let ya know when I catch my first onieda walleye

Buckclub- any idea on water temps? I know that the temps are supposed to moderate the next few days so the eyes might still be out in the deep and the bait there too. I am certain that Iceman and Sluggo are going to get their limits and I will have to lie about mine!!! LOL

Walteye