Couple morning pics from Sandy in Hamlin

X2! And learn about how she was built.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
Well you asked for it so here goes... I Built this boat in 2014. Took six months to complete and launch. Studied wooden boat magazine and you tube for a while and decided to try it for myself. Dimensions:14' 1/2 ft length, 6 foot beam. Five ribbings for skeleton frame constructed of oak. Chines and gunwales of maple. Transom of oak. Plywood from Lowe's 3/8". Covered in six ounces of fibreglass wet thoroughly with epoxy resin. All joints are screwed and glued w epoxy and stainless fasteners. Wood, fasteners, epoxy resin,and cloth all totalled around $800. The greater expenses really became the trailer and new Merc 9.9 which totalled another $3300. Still having launched this boat nearly a hundred voyages, the experiences and time have been completely worthwhile. Someday when I get tired of repairing it's aging hull, probably have a campfire and build a better one! Screenshot_20180720-204919.pngScreenshot_20180720-205021.pngScreenshot_20180720-204951.pngScreenshot_20180720-205230.png

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Well you asked for it so here goes... I Built this boat in 2014. Took six months to complete and launch. Studied wooden boat magazine and you tube for a while and decided to try it for myself. Dimensions:14' 1/2 ft length, 6 foot beam. Five ribbings for skeleton frame constructed of oak. Chines and gunwales of maple. Transom of oak. Plywood from Lowe's 3/8". Covered in six ounces of fibreglass wet thoroughly with epoxy resin. All joints are screwed and glued w epoxy and stainless fasteners. Wood, fasteners, epoxy resin,and cloth all totalled around $800. The greater expenses really became the trailer and new Merc 9.9 which totalled another $3300. Still having launched this boat nearly a hundred voyages, the experiences and time have been completely worthwhile. Someday when I get tired of repairing it's aging hull, probably have a campfire and build a better one! Screenshot_20180720-204919.thumb.png.8b71320cc880b3a7a0841b23837ec7bc.pngScreenshot_20180720-205021.thumb.png.2c417a889903a711126bdf9e2da2ff7e.pngScreenshot_20180720-204951.thumb.png.ac508aa8a013ef872288d37fff89b42b.pngScreenshot_20180720-205230.thumb.png.0c4939b0fdc4101cc0be1aa37ea050de.png

Really really cool. Takes a thousand times more to make something than it does to buy something. Completely missing in 99% of today’s society. Great stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Absolutely awesome, definitely gives you a sense of pride just to get out there let alone be successful at catching!!! Really cool guys thanks for the time and pics!!! PAP.

• Like 1

That’s got to fill you with pride? There are dam few people around that could build a boat by hand these days and even fewer that would not only complete it but use it as a daily driver. That’s great!! I do have a question.
How much trouble did you have getting your boat numbers???
I’d love to build a boat someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

That’s got to fill you with pride? There are dam few people around that could build a boat by hand these days and even fewer that would not only complete it but use it as a daily driver. That’s great!! I do have a question.
How much trouble did you have getting your boat numbers???
I’d love to build a boat someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
Thanks for kind words! To get the numbers you call sheriff office, they send inspector out to look it over and issue boat identification numbers.

• Like 1