Kicker Auto pilot

Xxx

1 hour ago, Frogger said:

Pap, I see what your saying about hooking up the ez bar to your kicker and the pain in the butt it is. It would seem to me that you would really want the AP on your kicker with that TR1 option, anything else just doesn’t seem to get you away from monkeying around with the bar. I’m not familiar with them but from what guys say that have them love them.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Yea frogger, when everything is level or kicker motor down and the outdrive is down, my rod runs at a angle forward towards the main and everything works smoothly but come time to fly I put a piece of all thread on my I/O bracket so when I’m in the up mode my lower unit the quick disconnect is a few inches about the water which helps some what but that kicker I still get nervous going out their come the cold water season.!!

I got the tr1 gold this season and it's hands down the best thing I ever got for the boat. I got it from Dan at trolling solutions,  it was the best price and he's got a lot of knowledge for them. 

I got it setup on a mercury 9.9 kicker , it tracks very well in waves. If you want pm me and I'll send you his contact info.

I've had a TR1 for the last 6 years and love it. The only issue i ran into was that it messes up the sub troll if you have one. I changed over to a FishHawk and no issues. Look at West Marine. They price match and get their extended warranty with it. 

On 7/25/2018 at 7:12 AM, quality time said:

Pap, Do you have a subtroll? I have the tr1 gold and love it but the noise from this unit has caused problems with my subtroll. If you use a fishhawk you should be O.K.    Wes

No I have the X4D I have the sub troll on my other boat to use around home, but with the little 4cyl I use bags to slow her up.

Thanks for the video Krystain!! I’m looking to use a stand alone for a kicker motor autopilot so I don’t need to use the connection bar. For the reasons I can’t use a EZ steer system when I need to tilt my kicker up to go out or in the bar doesn’t allow enough movement in the hiem ends to allow me to tilt up the kicker in the up and locked position!! 
Pjprod this system sounds like it might work, I just can’t figure out how this system works, but I’ll keep searching til I find something, does this system go inside The transom or on the outside of the transom?? Thanks again guys. PAP.

i have a tr1 and love it i wouldn’t fish wth out it it does have a remote tht is on a wire but thy alson have a wireless remote ya can get as well

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hi, just saying I have I inboard and kicker.. I have a raymarine sport pilot for the main engine (cable steer)and went with the tr-1 for the kicker,  main always worked great, the kicker is second yr and works good but wonders off coarse after a bit.. dont work in ruff conditions....  wont hold the boat streight...I am running a 26' striper with a 350, I/O. the kicker is a 9.9 honda e-long with the tr-1... I really dont like the fact that these two motors are not connected....

wish they were...

I have tried the panther t-4,   I took it off after the second trip.... I have it if someone needs one....

Hi, just saying I have I inboard and kicker.. I have a raymarine sport pilot for the main engine (cable steer)and went with the tr-1 for the kicker,  main always worked great, the kicker is second yr and works good but wonders off coarse after a bit.. dont work in ruff conditions....  wont hold the boat streight...I am running a 26' striper with a 350, I/O. the kicker is a 9.9 honda e-long with the tr-1... I really dont like the fact that these two motors are not connected....
wish they were...
I have tried the panther t-4,   I took it off after the second trip.... I have it if someone needs one....

best place to get a tr1 is hodges marine

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

West Marine matches prices on the TR1 and pick up their extended warranty to give you peace of mind if anything does go wrong. You take it back to them and they give you a new unit. A lot faster than waiting for Garmin to fix it especially during the fishing season.