Jigging Up a Yard Long Lake Trout!

Totally awesome Pete that was a dandy!! Congrats to your catch and for sharing your experience!!! Another good point of your video is now I can show my daughter how big her laker was that I messed up the net job and away swam her first big laker. I was as disappointed as she was!! Again thank you for sharing!! PAP 👍👍👍

Very enjoyable Pete. Keep up the good work! Nice to see someone having fun out there and it demonstrates that you don't need all sorts of fancy trolling equipment to have a good time:smile:

• Like 1

Of course I wanted to say exactly what was talked about in some of the above posts, you don’t need a umpteen thousand $$$ rig to catch trophy lakers!! 👍

Edited by pap

35 minutes ago, joelagreca said:

The only thing missing was the equipment what kind of Rod and Reel and of course what kind of jig was that it looked like a white tube jig but we couldn't tell how heavy it was to stay down in that 90 ft great video what kind of camera?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I did a separate video where I describe all that.   If you know how to search my old posts or my YouTube channel, you will find them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pap said:

Of course I wanted to say exactly what was talked about in some of the above posts, you don’t need a umpteen thousand $$$ rig to catch trophy lakers!! 👍

Yes you do!  Come on Pap, I can't buy a new boat if guys don't over spend on fishing tackle! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dremarquis said:

great video Pete!

were you fishing out of Sandy?

thanks for sharing!

andre

I get asked that all the time.  But I don't think that matters.  I get the feeling that lakers are very plentiful in LO.  I have caught them everywhere from the Niagara Bar to Irondequoit.  And they aren't always in the same places.  In general, when the thermocline sets up, go looking in about 100 FOW.  They might be in 80 or 120, look around until you find them.  I often troll as part of the search.  Target fish on the shallower side because it's easier to get those.

1 hour ago, joelagreca said:

The only thing missing was the equipment what kind of Rod and Reel and of course what kind of jig was that it looked like a white tube jig but we couldn't tell how heavy it was to stay down in that 90 ft great video what kind of camera?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Pete uses an abu Garcia ambassador I believe and a small dodger paddle in front of a soft plastic