North Shore King Salmon Stocking Program

Minimal stocking on the north shore(compared to your side).

No net pens,our fish are dumped off breakwalls(feed the cormorants and gulls),thus minimal returns.

I've often asked where all the revenue of our Cdn licenses are going,it's obvious not into the north shore fishery. :!: :!: :!:

Sorry to b_tch,touchy topic for me :$:$

I've often asked where all the revenue of our Cdn licenses are going,it's obvious not into the north shore fishery. :!: :!: :!:

Sorry to b_tch,touchy topic for me :$:$

Don't be sorry for that Skeiner, that's what this site is all about. We have to vent our frustrations or nothing would ever be done about it. ;)

Thanks for the reply Skeiner......Must be frustrating to witness that type of "stocking program"....I thought the north shore DEC/lake management folks worked closer with the south shore people to help support our Great Lake..perhaps they do in other ways...thx again captd

If the Ontario Government would get their heads out from up their a$$, they might come to realize the revenue generated by sport fisherman.

Also the facilities for launching boats on the North shore is ridiculous. I have fished both the north shore from Darlington to Wellington, and the south shore from Henderson to Oswego. The facilities on the south shore are second to non, love the ramp at Oswego. The north shore facilities are a joke.

Would rather fish the south shore anytime over the north shore, but with the hassle crossing the border in this day and age, it's just not worth it. Have been stopped by Canadian customs and had my boat searched 3 out of 4 times. Guess they think I am some sort of smuggler. Sorry about the venting, but this is a touchy topic and one that just makes me do a slow burn.

Billy Bones :evil: :evil:

• 2 months later...

What Skeiner stated is not completely true - they do have a few pen projects that have been used and a few more are set for this year. A lot of the fish are dumped off breakwalls and hopefully the MNR is listening to the members from a few organizations to change this practice. 500,000 is what we are allowed to stock as well.....

What we are totally lacking is coho at this point. Very few returns as this was the first year that they stocked since 2005.....not too many fish seen in the local tribs up here.

• 3 months later...

commorants are a problem hear in hamilton... i wish they stocked more musky they only stocked less than a hundred a few years ago... license funds go to researchers who then say that we can't fish because we are hurting fish populations. paying to screw ourselves...