Tie down those boats!

A couple years ago my frequent fishing buddy and I decided to give it a shot on Canandaigua and it was later in the day than usual so I hustled to the launch ramp as I wanted to pay his way in at the ramp. I paid the money and waited for him to arrive and I had told the attendant what his truck looked like etc. and he arrives and comes in the parking lot. We both stared at each other in disbelief and shook our heads as neither of us had brought our boat with us and assumed the other was going to.We had a good laugh and scraped the idea for the day. Don't worry Bob I won't mention your name:lol:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

A couple years ago my frequent fishing buddy and I decided to give it a shot on Canandaigua and it was later in the day than usual so I hustled to the launch ramp as I wanted to pay his way in at the ramp. I paid the money and waited for him to arrive and I had told the attendant what his truck looked like etc. and he arrives and comes in the parking lot. We both stared at each other in disbelief and shook our heads as neither of us had brought our boat with us and assumed the other was going to.We had a good laugh and scraped the idea for the day. Don't worry Bob I won't mention your name:lol:

no that is funny

The more I look at those pictures, the more I just dont understand... Was this all from a panic stop? I don't see any heavy skid marks? Was there no straps on the thing at all? From the minimal tailgate damage, I'm picturing it actually ramping up and over the winch post and landing on top.... Did he just wax the hull? Man I really wanna know the whole story lol.

Looks to me like the trailer was too short for the boat so the winch post was hitting real low on the keel. This allowed the boat to surf right over the winch post.