My brother, as well as my buddies Andrew and Jordan fished the am division of the Sodus Pro am, as usual.

Fishing has been great, with salmon coming regularly in 80-200 fow the last few weeks, so we knew this was gonna be a salmon tourney. I didn’t even bother scouting for Browns, because they have been pretty easy to catch.

The plan for big fish Friday was to search out the salmon both near shore and offshore. We started in 120, and found a nice pod of matures just west of port in 170-210. We went 2-5 in there, with a couple of mid teen kings and the rest screamers that we lost. Recongnizing that we had that group of Fish figured, we went out deep to find those fish.

I saw that the forecast was for south and then ne wind, so I knew the offshore bite might be very important. We found the fish again in 270-320, hitting them on a north south troll. We ended up going 5-8 out there, with one dandy king and some more low teen fish. Our BFF box was about 4 lbs out of the money, but a respectable 48+ lbs. they wanted a mag carbon 14, on just about setup. Meat took a few shots but wasn’t prominent.

IMG_7038.JPG

IMG_7050.JPG

IMG_7055.JPGIMG_7053.JPG

Saturday greeted us with strong se winds. We started in 180 and had 3 hits, but only boated one. It was getting iced out in there quick, as I worried it would, and we went out to our deep waypoints. Once we hit 280 we had 2 shots on legit screamers that we missed- so that by 9 am we were 1-5 on big fish. I was upset, but my guys weren’t and we kept on the grind.. luckily, we boxed our next 7 bites, all kings except for one steelie. We had a mix of 3 year olds and 2 year olds. They wanted meat, and quite deep. Our hits all came 80-110 down, even though the temp was 54 down 60. We needed to weigh 2 Fish around 5 lbs, and those 4 missed screamers really hurt our finally tally. Either way, we ended up with 123 pts, good for 3rd place!!! Sunday was cancelled after a big nor’easter, so Saturday’s results stuck! We ended up winning 800 bucks- not too shabby!

IMG_7061.JPG

Here is a pic of our gps- we beat the hell out of this spot. My buddy Jordan did some excellent driving in the 3-4 footers out there! We got our butts beat out there!

IMG_7067.JPG

The Fishin' Physician Assistant

• Like 4

Nice job out there Abe!  I missed not fishing the kings heavily in the ProAm this year, but needing 12 fish makes it tough not to try for browns!  We also didn't want to fish in what we figured would be some nasty waves out deep :puke:

Edited by TOP SECRET

Nice job out there Abe!  I missed not fishing the kings heavily in the ProAm this year, but needing 12 fish makes it tough not to try for browns!  We also didn't want to fish in what we figured would be some nasty waves out deep :puke:

It was pretty gross out there- 3-4s from multiple directions. Turning was no fun!

Nice job!  We found a spot on Friday around 140 FOW that was holding salmon.  We beat it up Saturday AM to boat 3/4 2 year olds.  Our GPS looked much like yours working that point and our 5th and 6th pass came up empty with no hits as temp moved higher.  Seeing the boats in close we trolled south to see what was happening.  Trolling all the way in to 30 FOW I saw no marks or bait so we pulled and ran for a 10 pt laker.  We boated our laker shortly after setting down then pulled and headed back in shallow for browns setting our spoons on the bottom hoping to pull a brown out of those rocks.  I later realized the browns were on top in the warm water.  So we weighed our 3 salmon and came in the middle of the pack at 59.30  We had a lot of fun in our first Pro-Am and are looking forward to next year already.

Congrats on your 3rd Place finish!  How much did 1st and 2nd payout?

• Like 2

Nice job!  We found a spot on Friday around 140 FOW that was holding salmon.  We beat it up Saturday AM to boat 3/4 2 year olds.  Our GPS looked much like yours working that point and our 5th and 6th pass came up empty with no hits as temp moved higher.  Seeing the boats in close we trolled south to see what was happening.  Trolling all the way in to 30 FOW I saw no marks or bait so we pulled and ran for a 10 pt laker.  We boated our laker shortly after setting down then pulled and headed back in shallow for browns setting our spoons on the bottom hoping to pull a brown out of those rocks.  I later realized the browns were on top in the warm water.  So we weighed our 3 salmon and came in the middle of the pack at 59.30  We had a lot of fun in our first Pro-Am and are looking forward to next year already.

Congrats on your 3rd Place finish!  How much did 1st and 2nd payout?

I think 1300 and 2700, I think.

I knew the inside water was gonna flip, that’s why we roughed it out in the deep, stable water.

Where’d ya find the laker? We spent about 20 mins trying to find one- and if we had, we would have gotten 2nd!