Fish Hawk X4D In The Mail!

Just ordered the x4d  from Northwoods. Haven't been out to lake o in two summers. Told myself that I wouldn't be back till I had a Fish hawk.  I spent two trips of 4 days with only one fish to show for it while others were slamming them. Was told pissing in the wind without one on lake o. Not sure if that is totally true but with all the currents etc I am sure it is a big help. Would love to hear some backup on its use from others. 

That's what I have been told many times and I knew it was after going out there and trying everything under the sun. Crazy to watch your rigger lines go one way then the other and sideways etc! It's a big pill to swallow for a weekend guy like me though who might get out two weekends a year

I have the X4D. There are no silver bullets out there that guarantee fish:smile: but it is a VERY useful tool that enables you to add some important pieces to the catching puzzle by providing useful information in making decisions about trolling, boat and lure speed, identification of potentially  productive sections of water, and offers information about how fast your lure may be going down below. It also helps sort out to a degree current direction and intensity,and a closer approxlmation of lure depth which may differ considerably  from the downrigger counter because of current strength and direction and blowback or water resistance to the downrigger weight. All of this information still depends on your skill as a fisherman in interpretation of it in conjunction with your depth finder information, your ability to process other cues (such as angle of lines and downrigger wire etc.as well as what the water temperature information may mean for the given target species. Actual experience  with these "tools" is the best tool of all in increasing skill and increasing success rates.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2

The above posts are all correct!!! I put one on my boat that was the best piece of artillery that I have found we were always 1.5 to 2 mph off at the ball verses sog. Just for instance we were coming into the trench from out in the shipping channel when I saw big arches on the bottom slowed up to 1.5 put a flasher out with gamblers rigs green and yellow trolled 10 minutes bingo the largest fresh water fish I ever saw!! But I failed at being a net man, I forgot my salmon net But had my walleye net in the cuddly which netted numerous browns and 18# kings but I just couldn't get that big bastard in the net and it only had 1 barb in the soft flesh as soon a she felt the net it darted towards the front of the boat and turned towards the deep. Away she goes, I felt bad for my daughters as they played that fish a half hour. But I say all of this happened because of the fish hawk x4d cards down, never caught fish especially silver fish like I did this year!!!PAP

Edited by pap
  • Like 1

Adk as a fellow weekend guy I agree it is a big pill to swallow. I haven't made the leap to order one of the systems yet I'm still trying to get all the other basics in order first. For a type of fishing I only get to do a few times a year if I'm lucky I sure spend a lot of time thinking about it. Maybe it's a good thing I live a few hours away.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app