Port Poll

Where you plan to fish the most, this year on Big-O?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Where you plan to fish the most, this year on Big-O?

• Olcott/Wilson/Niagara
    • Oak/Hamlin
    • Sandy/Braddocks
    • Long P/Genny/I-Bay
    • Putneyville/Power Plant
    • Sodus/Port Bay
    • Fair Haven/Oswego
    • Mex Bay/S.R.
    • Henderson/St. Lawrence

Hi, my son and I mostly fish out of Little Salmon River with our Penn Yan. At home, we fish out of Long Pond Channel with out Starcraft or Grumman boats. Best of luck and fun to all this season! Steve.......

My boat will be at the Oak most of the year. Before it's there I will probably launch out of Golden Hill a few times (LOC) since it's 5 minutes away. I have a smaller boat so it all depends on the waves/wind. - Mick

Mick.....if your gonna drive to Golden Hill you mise wellmake a day of it and drive the extra 30 minutes to the bar. Sometimes during the spring there is a fine line of water where those kings stop. Last year anything East of the powerplant wasnt very good.

Thanks for the advice Yankee. Is Wilson far enough to get out there or would it be better just to go to Lewiston and launch? Gas is gas as far as I'm concerned but the Truck can go much faster than my boat can right now. Thank's Mick

Thanks Legacy. I just could not trust the new owners coming in at the Newport House. My buddy Jason moved out to Sandy last season and loved it. It will be fun meeting new people and finding new honey holes. At least most of the guys I talked to on the radio at Irondequoit are on this site.

Im in the 2% area. Awalys will be. The notorious WILDMAN got a campsite next to me this year. It should be a riot.Great water ,a few less fish,lots fewer people. Lots of big fish caught there everyyear. I hope its my turn this year during a derby.

Start the year off for browns out of Fairhaven or Oswego. The we trailer to Wilson for a few days and then it is off to Henderson for the majority of the summer. The walleyes out of Black river and then the kings and trout offshore. We also hit Fairhaven and Salmon River toward the end of August. Can't wait till splash down, come on spring.

Rich

Hey Fishstix

They say 90% of the fish are caught by 10% of the fishermen. ;) Both of our areas are going to have a lot of fun this year. :!: :!: (7 out of 74 is pretty close to 10%)

Don't worry guys, we'll release a few in both directions. (maybe...)

:D

Tom B.

(LongLine)

• 3 weeks later...

Mikejonestkd,

Everyone at sandy is on channel 72.

Gambler,

You'll like Sandy very much. Their isn't one bad apple that fishes there. Everyone gets along great and helps out when needed. BTW: When you get passed the blowboat marina, stay left going out of the channel into the lake. Last winter the channel gave birth to a baby sand bar. Our impeller found out the hard way. :shock: