Wanted WTB - Fishmaster 196

One more thing make sure it has a 150 on it.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I’m gonna disagree on the 150.

I had a 2006 196 Fishmaster that I loved. It had a 115 4 stroke that would push the boat at 32mph, and would troll down to 1.8 mph with out bags.

Now I have a 2012 196 Fishmaster with a 150 and a 9.9 kicker. The boat is so stern heavy that I have to fill the bow livewell just to get the bow down enough to,track semi-straight. The oversized prop on this motor contributes to its lack of proper performance. Going back to a 17” prop is on the list.

I’m not in a race, and I’m not trying to pull anyone up on skis. The smaller motor makes the boat much more efficient, and user friendly.

Rusty

Thanks- Rusty
  • Like 2

Rusty - Do you have an electric motor on the bow & batteries in the front storage compartment to help balance out the weight? 

I don’t have that setup on this boat. I did have that setup on the 2006 model I had. I used it for jigging in the finger lakes. I’m sure those two big batteries helped keep the bow down.

Thanks- Rusty

I’m gonna disagree on the 150.

I had a 2006 196 Fishmaster that I loved. It had a 115 4 stroke that would push the boat at 32mph, and would troll down to 1.8 mph with out bags.

Now I have a 2012 196 Fishmaster with a 150 and a 9.9 kicker. The boat is so stern heavy that I have to fill the bow livewell just to get the bow down enough to,track semi-straight. The oversized prop on this motor contributes to its lack of proper performance. Going back to a 17” prop is on the list.

I’m not in a race, and I’m not trying to pull anyone up on skis. The smaller motor makes the boat much more efficient, and user friendly.

Rusty

Thanks- Rusty

I put a 200 Verado on my 196 and a kicker. Can’t imagine a 115 but a 150 should do ok

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My 2015 with a 200 cruises at 35 and tops around 43 geared and couple guys aboard. To me the max hp is mainly for the hole shot when insanely loaded down. I can troll down to 2.0 most of the time. Not sure the prop o got, factory aluminum 4 blade

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

yeah they cruise nice at 35! low rpms nice!
I have never had to get out of the boat and push even with 6 people on board. Still runs 32 with 6 passengers. Thats what i like about the etec. Awesome power, super fuel economy, 300 less moving parts and still trolls down to 1.7 mph. I have the 300 hour computer diagnostic readout to verify all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1