First off, I want to congratulate Brian on a well-earned win. And second, I want to commend him for adding .01 lb to our tally so that we didn't end up weighing in at 69.69...this is a family friendly fishery, after all :-P (kidding about the 0.01 lb - it was actually 69.7).

Here's a brief recap: we didn't have a chance to scout prior to the Shootout, but it sounded like there was a good bite anywhere from 200+ so that's where we sat down at 5:15 am. With only two of us in the boat and the tough currents, we were busy for the next four hours with a near constant stream of rips, a dreaded copper-wire tangle, and the general Chinese fire drill entailed by an epic bite. We worked from 200 - 400 fow, angling so as to try to minimize the effect of the current, generally making NW-SW passes as the surface current ripped to the east. Wire mag divers out 160 were hot, as was a rigger parked at 71 ft. Copper accounted for a few, but not as many as I'd expected, and after we lost a 400 ft copper to the tangle, that was it for them. 

As with most, we had an unbelievable number of fish in the 12-15 lb range, and our box consisted of one 20+, a couple of mid-high teens and a 15 lb runt that we couldn't upgrade. I think we finished 16th. It hurt us not to have a third man on board, and I suspect that with the full moon we needed to stay on them later than we did - we pulled it at noon. But it was an awesome day of fishing and seeing folks at the weigh in so - mission accomplished!

Finally, a big shout out to all of the organizers who made this year's Shootout such a success! You guys rock!