Nice haul on a sunset troll

Nice catch Justin!! Along with beautiful looking eyes!! This year on LakeO the walleye bite was next to nonexistent on LakeO, not saying there was no fish caught, but certainly wasn’t anything like the ice hunters had. Had a great year of fishing even had my daughters out and have been successful!! But those silver fish don’t bring the excitement and sense of accomplishment like a nice eye brings. Everyone has their own opinions, that’s just my own opinion.🤙🤙.

Yes  they are....harder to catch too!  Not many fisheries produce 25 inch fish that can push 9 lbs.

Erie has the numbers but not the size.
We were in Erie this weekend and caught 60 walleyes in 3 outings. The biggest was a 30 inch 8 pounder. We also got a 13+ and a 14+ lb. lakers. IMG_0183.JPG
I’ve only ever caught walleye at bay of Quinn on Lake Ontario, can’t seem to find them anywhere else there. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice job Justin, I was out there Sunday night trolling the East shore but couldn't get anything else but silver bass to bite the harnesses.  Did get some nice marks 20-30 down in 40'+ so switched to deep cranks and no luck.  I've been struggling on the little "O" this year and may have to try Oneida for the next outing.  Keep up the good work, you keep me confident that there are still walleyes in that lake

Get off shore to start.  How are you getting your harnesses down and what are you running for deep divers, what line, etc?  If I know exactly what you have I can probably give you a "recipe".  Big problem is always gonna be not enough rods to really cover your bases.  If I don't have at least 6 rods in the water I know if the fish don't want what they did last trip I'm gonna struggle.  

Nice job Justin, I was out there Sunday night trolling the East shore but couldn't get anything else but silver bass to bite the harnesses.  Did get some nice marks 20-30 down in 40'+ so switched to deep cranks and no luck.  I've been struggling on the little "O" this year and may have to try Oneida for the next outing.  Keep up the good work, you keep me confident that there are still walleyes in that lake

I'm running 36" harnesses off 2 oz bottom bouncers on bottom.  I never tried suspending them, not sure if that would work or not.  I use the Rap TDD's in the color you told me and when they work they really work just not really often.  I run them with 30# braid and a 10' leader of 15# fluoro with  100 - 120' of line out between the 2 rods off the kayak.

on a side note, do you ever have issues with the TDD's?  I have 6 or 7 of them and but only 3 of them have rattled out of the box and the paint bubbled up on 2 of the ones that don't rattle.  I contacted Rapala and they wouldn't do anything about it without a receipt.

Ive never had any taildancers with an issue.  If you need any trolling lures I keep a couple hundred new in boxes to sell to people who want help.  Tdd 9 will do the job with those setbacks...if you are using 11's shorten up to 65-75.  The active fish are suspended so run the harnesses with a 1oz weight 6 feet in front of them with about 40-50 feet of line out at 1mph.  Lots of ways to get down there....

Nice job Justin. I'm having issues with a pinched nerve and haven't had my boat in the water in 6 weeks! Coincidentally my buddy Prof T has a pinched nerve in his shoulder also. Perhaps we have been dragging those weights for to long. Not fun!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

If you can handle a recliner on a pontoon boat you both are always welcome... seriously!  I'm actually gonna go to left hand retrieve trolling reels as my right shoulder is in rough shape.  My left has already been  "rebuilt" so I figure it will solve the problem.

• Like 2

I've run them a few times but never caught a walleye.  1 decent tiger a couple years ago but that's it.  Honestly, there isn't enough hours in the day to constantly try the "next new thing".  I'm a rapala guy when it comes to walleye trolling.

If you can handle a recliner on a pontoon boat you both are always welcome... seriously!  I'm actually gonna go to left hand retrieve trolling reels as my right shoulder is in rough shape.  My left has already been  "rebuilt" so I figure it will solve the problem.

Feel your pain! We will get through it.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've run them a few times but never caught a walleye.  1 decent tiger a couple years ago but that's it.  Honestly, there isn't enough hours in the day to constantly try the "next new thing".  I'm a rapala guy when it comes to walleye trolling.
I hear ya. It's hard to switch to new things when what your using is working well to.
Thanks for the response

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app