Wanted Line counter trolling reels and combos

I am looking to expand my arsenal. I need a couple line counter rod and reel combos to set up as lead core rods for Browns. 1 And 2 color. And I need a couple of good line counter reels to set up for 7 color. Ores for salmon and fishing deeper. Let me know if you have some extras in good shape. Nothing out of tune or slipping please.  Thanks

Joe

You don’t need line counters for lead cores, especially the longer cores. For your short cores, any L-ML Downrigger rod will work. For your longer cores look at M rigger rods, or leadcore rods, Daiwa Great Lakes rods have a very nice leadcore rod that wouldnwork perfect!! For the longer core, do yourself a favor and find a high speed reel, Daiwa Seagate 50, Sealine 50, or Saltist 40,50 will fit the bill perfectly. I know Okuma has reels, but not sure which models will work. Good Luck

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

For 3 color set ups we use cheap okuma level windes in the 30 size. Drags seem to loosen while riding but besides from that they get the job done. The 30's have enough room for backing to be able to run them out on boards. As far as rods go I like a medium weight rigger rod in 8'6'". Good luck!