Alot of boats at the launch this morning, I think I got one of the last parking spots at 5:40

We dropped lines at 75, 40 rigger with Carbon 14 hit but we were to slow, nothing until 330’ 2 hours later where we picked up a 10# on a 2 face SD and pro am fly, our worst day in July by far.

Seen quite a few people at cleaning station on way out so I’m assuming they did much better than us, how’d everyone do?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Dropped at 160.  Pretty good for first couple hours.  Staying 180-200.   Then worked out to 450.  Was a slow pick after the first few hours.  Finished landing 8 out of 13.  Largest about 15lbs.   Spoons and FF.  Most boats I saw were way off in the horizon.  

• Like 1

Lots of boats out deep. Started in 320, tagged a couple then dropped off. Went to 450, tagged a few more then dead. Cameron back in on a south and NADA. Pulled up and ran west, dropped in at 365. Picked up a few more. Biggest was close to 20#. 1 skipper, the rest 12+. Everything worked. Spoons, spinnys, meat.

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We limited Saturday in 3 hours with 10-17lbers. Limited Sunday in 5 hours with 14-20lbers. Spent both trips working same patch of water from 420-450 in between Olcott and Wilson

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Went out late Friday evening got 2 around 10lbs, started in about 100' water, and worked deeper. 3 releases. 

Saturday started early out deep in 350'+ worked it to 380-400 and picked up 4 by 10.  21lber and couple smaller teens. Came in to replace copper we had a board pin cut off 2 times.  Took 1.5 hrs to get in from 11 miles out of harbor.  Went back to same spot around 3pm and finished our 3 man limit just shy of 730pm with couple close to 20lbs and few smaller ones.  Released 3-4 small fish all day. Fish were caught on dipsys #1 setting anywhere from 120-175 back and #3 settings 200-250 back, couple on rigger set between 90-95 with spoons. And 400 and 500 copper with spoon or meat. Had a good drill going with both coppers tangled laying in floor of boat when started catching on dipsys and rigger. Took another 1.75 hrs to get in that evening from 14 miles out.

Sunday went right out to 380 and started picked up our 3 man limit by 11, pretty much identical to Saturday evening.  Speed mostly between 2.2-2.8 all weekend. Started straight out of harbor and worked east due to smaller boat, and waves.

Not sure how many got off this weekend, didn't seem as bad as few weekends ago, hard to keep track of all the info.

Not too bad for our 2nd weekend salmon fishing!  I am definitely hooked.  Usually Walleye fish on Erie out of Vermillion or Conneaut.  Hope to be back up in couple of weekends again.

Thanks to this Website and everyone that posts to help me catch fish and learn!!!

• Like 1